Chapter 32

32: Finding Gege

Lin Miao's mother reconsidered it and decided to let Lin Miao try the sports school. She could rearrange her schooling if it doesn't work out for her.

Sometimes, crucial decisions are made on a whim.

Lin Miao was transferring schools again. This time, to a boarding school.

It wasn't hard for Lin Miao to adjust to her new school. Her roommate was even younger than her. Lin Miao was nine, and her roommate Tan Jing was only seven. She had a cute, round little face and cries when the lights were switched off.

(Note: Tan Jing corresponds to 谭静 in Chinese. Apparently a celebrity under the same name exists in real life, however there's probably no connection between the two)

"I'm a bit scared, wanna sleep together?" Lin Miao asked her in the darkness.

"Sure... I'm... I'm... also scared of the dark... My mom... always sleeps... with me... at home..." Tan Jing choked out as she sniffled.

Lin Miao wasn't actually scared of the dark. How could someone from the countryside be scared of darkness? She even walked home alone during the night.

But she climbed onto Tan Jing's bed with her quilt anyway. It was great to sleep with someone else, they could even double up on the quilts.

Lin Miao spread her quilt on top and then snuggled in with Tan Jing.

"So warm~ Your quilt is so much warmer than mine."

Tan Jing had stopped crying. "My mom bought this comforter for me... hic..."

Lin Miao turned her head around, "No wonder it's so warm." She didn't know what a comforter was, but she knew that her response was appropriate.

The two soon dozed off to sleep after chatting some more.

The next day, Lin Miao realized that Tan Jing was her assigned partner.

Tan Jing was also very talented at the game. It was Lin Miao's first time seeing someone else her height play so well.

Hitting the birdie back and forth, it felt great!

She mainly played with her gym teacher at her old school, and she couldn't win a single time.

Her friends didn't quite know the game, so it was boring playing with them.

But it was a whole different story with Tan Jing. They were about the same height, so there were both wins and losses!

Coach Li, the one who invited her to the school, was her coach.

Lin Miao was too scared of the coach to be concerned about the Young Master, however, she still liked the coach because he was strict to everyone, unlike her old teacher, who only picked on her.

During the weekend, Lin Miao invited Tan Jing to her home for a meal as her parents were unavailable.

Lin Miao's mother was busy, so she couldn't take her to the Young Master.

Tan Jing dragged Lin Miao to the school's telephone booth when they returned to the school. She was going to call her mother.

The school had public phones.

Lin Miao just realized that the school had shared telephones.

So, they both bought a twenty yuan phone card which had a hundred minutes in them.

And then they headed towards the telephones.

The two both dialed the numbers in, following the instructions on the backs of the phone cards. Lin Miao soon heard the ringtones from the telephone.