Chapter 36

36: Paying Compliments

Lin Miao was still a tad bit shy when she presented the red packet to her older brother. She might even have to act like her mother with her aunties, pushing gifts back and forth.

Fortunately, the Young Master took it diligently. Lin Miao was relieved and her shyness burst into joy.

But most importantly, her older brother also looked happy.

Seeing her unable to close her mouth due to her smile, he led her to the dining room for dinner. Then, he saw a bruise on her wrist. Lin Miao was a lot less tanned, so bruises became very distinctive.

"How'd you get this?" The Young Master frowned.

"Accidentally bumped into something during practice." Lin Miao wasn't paying attention and had swung her arm on a guardrail.

Lin Miao didn't care much about it. It wasn't very severe, her skin didn't even turn red. However, a blue bruise somehow appeared overnight. Lin Miao expected for it to slowly go away in the next few days. It was normal for her: she had bumped into many things when she was little.

However, the Young Master immediately pulled her inside the car and told the driver to go to the hospital.

The driver was agitated after hearing this. He had thought that the Young Master hurt himself somewhere. He then let out a breath of relief seeing that it was just a small bruise on Lin Miao's hand.

Lin Miao paused. when the Young Master had led her all over the place. But then, her heart immediately warmed when she heard that the Young Master was taking her to the hospital. Her older brother was so nice as to take her to the hospital even for such small injuries.

Lin Miao became happier the more she thought about it. It was irresistible; she couldn't help but hug the Young Master, "Gege's so nice!"

The Young Master was rambling about how she doesn't have to push herself so hard to catch the birdies as to risk falling, when the person beside him warmly embraced him.

Her voice was sugary sweet and was mixed with excited leaps.

The Young Master's ears reddened. He felt as if his heart was submerged in a sugary mixture when she spoke. Then, in an overly serious tone, he said, "Don't change topics, did you ever trip and fall during practice at school?"

He recalled that during her competitions, she would reach for every shot, low and high, even if it meant for her to leap upwards or crouch down.

Lin Miao gave the Young Master a bear hug and then lifted her head up toward the Young Master, "Never, my coach complimented my good balance."

At school, Lin Miao really wanted to brag about how she carried pumpkins through slippery paths that almost made her slip and fall flat on her face. It often rained during winter and summer back in the mountains. The path back home was muddy and slippery, but never once did she slip, even with her carrying a backpack. Nowadays, she didn't have to carry anything and the ground wasn't lubricious, so it was almost impossible for her to slip and fall.

At the hospital, Lin Miao obediently let the doctor check her bruise. Then, they all headed out to pick up the medicine the doctor prescribed.

The prescribed medications were all creams. Back in the car, the Young Master tore the package open and started applying some onto Lin Miao's bruise.

The Young Master was focused on rubbing the cream. Since his head was lowered, Lin Miao irresistibly patted his head, promising, "Gege, I'll be really really good to you in the future."

The Young Master lifted his head, looking at Lin Miao and her expression that appeared as if she was giving off an oath. He smiled and replied, "How would you be nice to me?"