Chapter 70

70: Gege Thinks I’m Annoying?

Lin Miao’s family couldn’t stay long due to work back in China, so they returned the day after.

Lin Miao had to wait until the Olympics ended, so she stayed for a few more days.

The dress she wore yesterday was her teammate’s. Her figure was small, so the dress was naturally a bit big for her.

One morning, when Lin Miao came back from her jog, her coach handed her a box, “It’s from your brother.”

Outsiders weren’t allowed to come into the athletes’ lodging area, so the Young Master gave it to her coach.

Lin Miao was surprised. What would Gege give me?

The box was nicely decorated. Back in her room, Lin Miao opened the box and saw a white dress laying inside.

Taking it out, she noticed that it was quite long. There was a set of clothes underneath, too.

Lin Miao’s face reddened. Coincidentally, her teammates came in and saw her dress.

“Brother Shui, your dress is so pretty, when’d you buy it?”

Because everyone knew yesterday that Lin Miao forgot to bring extra clothes.

“My older brother bought it for me.” Lin Miao explained.

The girls looked at her profoundly, and then all spoke, “Go try it! It’ll look great on you!”

They were right, and the fabric was comfortable, too.

However, the Young Master had gone back to China due to things in his school.

Lin Miao continued to watch the Olympics with everyone during the day, trying out foreign gourmets during mealtime. At night, lying on her bed in her pajamas and looking at the dress hanging on the side, she wanted to message the Young Master.

But, Gege was probably already asleep.

Back in China, the web quickly turned their focus to other sports, but a lot of the badminton fans still hoped for another interview of Lin Miao, or even a film about her daily life.

Many older fans commented that brother Shui went silent for three months after the last world championships. She didn’t even participate in any competitions. After that, there weren't many updates, either. All that was public was her competition footage.

They were afraid of her going silent for months again after the Olympics, or even all the way until next year’s world championships.

But someone said that she could accept some advertisement offers since she was pretty and now world famous from the Olympics. It would be another way to see her face.

The comment was met with discontent. A portion of the fans thought that no matter how mature brother Shui was, she was still only 16, and the entertainment circle was an impetuous place. It was very dynamic and violent, especially because insults came easily. People there would definitely start attacking her upon the slightest drop in her performance, so they didn’t want her in the entertainment circle no matter what.

The one who suggested this had to clarify that they only meant signing some advertisement contracts, and not for her to enter the circle.

Lastly, there was another group of fans who were afraid that Lin Miao might not have as many opportunities to study techniques with all the compliments and praise that’s circulating.

And so Lin Miao’s fanbase spent days discussing this problem that didn’t even have a sign of appearing.

Lin Miao’s days consisted of watching competitions, eating, and sleeping. She didn’t have any interviews apart from the one right after the finals. She didn’t show up in any of the follow up interviews.