Chapter 5

"I know she goes to school with Chaeryeong. So there's only a few possibilities here. Either she's a secret businesswoman who does stock trading, or cryptocurrencies, or whatever you call that online business... or... she's dating a rich businesswoman?" Ryujin was laying out all her thoughts to her best friend when they got home after the dinner.

They were supposed to celebrate Lia's promotion in a fancy restaurant uptown when they found out that it had been booked by a rich businesswoman for dinner.

But as Ryujin was about to walk away and inform Lia, she saw two figures coming out of the restaurant - they quickly broke apart as one hopped into a fancy-looking car while the other hailed a cab. When she looked closer, she was surprised to see that it was Yeji. The same girl who she was dancing with earlier that day.

By the time she met with Lia, there were a million questions running through her mind.

"But if she's dating, why is she on the dating app then?" Lia stated a good point.

"Yeah, it doesn't make sense. They went home separately. That's so weird."

"OH MY GOD", Lia stood up dramatically. "Do you think she has... she has a sug-"

"Don't even say it", Ryujin dismissed her before she could finish. "Yeji isn't like that."

"Well, you don't even know her that well. You're such a hopeless romantic who believes a lot in the good of people. Maybe that's why she despises you", Lia said in a teasing tone.

That earned a smack from Ryujin. "So she hates me because I'm a good person???"

"No, she hates you because she's not looking for one."

Ryujin didn't answer and waited for an explanation.

"Look. She's clearly not looking for someone she can lovey dovey with. It was stated right in her profile. And you're clearly the opposite."

Ryujin feigned an offended look. "You don't think I can pull off a casual relationship? I thought you're my best friend!"

"Absolutely not. Your heart's not made for it. So go on and find someone else to pin for", Lia chuckled and walked towards her room. "Let's get some rest."

Ryujin stayed in the living room for another hour. Lia's right. She is a hopeless romantic, but she also has zero experience when it comes to relationships.

The closest thing she had to dating was in middle school when one of her closest classroom friends asked her out for a day out and they spent the day in the lake. By the end of the day, Ryujin held her hand and tried to kiss her but she pulled away with a frightened expression on her face.

Apparently, she read it wrong. And it wasn't very common for girls to like girls. She confessed to her parents and almost completely shut off everyone else because the girl had spread exaggerated rumors around campus.

That's when she met Lia. She confessed that she likes girls, too, and promised Ryujin that she'll stay by her side. And the rest was history.

She pulled out her phone and visited Yeji's profile again.

She added a new picture - one from this morning when she was in the studio.