Chapter 19

When they were entering Ryujin's street, the brunette tried her hardest not to glance at Yeji's direction because she could feel the cat-eye slightly shaking while gripping the steering wheel.

Mid-way through the drive, she was already internally kicking herself for being too childish. She let her impulsive thoughts lead her actions and didn't even try to understand what happened. All she felt was the insane wave of jealousy when she saw her girlfriend talking to the girl she used to sleep with.

Is she already getting bored of me? What was she doing with that girl? And why didn't I ask properly. Gahhhh.

When the car skidded to a stop, no one moved.

Ryujin could hear the cat-eye sniffing beside her and she couldn't take it any longer. She turned to face her and gave her an apologetic look.

"Jagi..."

Yeji looked at her and every ounce of jealousy was drained and replaced by guilt and concern. Her girlfriend looked like she wanted to cry but held herself back the whole drive home.

Ryujin could not get the words out of her mouth and continued to stare at the cat-eye instead.

After a couple of minutes, Yeji signed and finally broke the silence.

"I don't know what I said or did. You won't even look at me." Her tone was flat but the brunette could hear hurt in her voice.

"I-I'm sorry", the brunette stuttered.

Yeji waited for her to continue.

"I was jealous."

The cat-eye raised her brows lightly with Ryujin's confession. Nonetheless, she continued to wait.

"I knew she was someone you used to... do stuff with. And you seemed close. With her sister being there, too... I was... I wasn't thinking. "

Yeji paused.

"I see. I'm sorry."

Ryujin was surprised with the cat-eye's reaction.

"I didn't know she was going to be there and it was a pretty harmless catch-up. We don't talk that much anymore except for the occasional hi's and hello's. And she knows about us, too."

"She knows me?"

""Uh-huh. Way before we started officially dating, actually. I ended the casual thing with her saying that I'm getting confused about everything - not knowing that it was because of my growing feelings for you."

The cat-eye was talking so comfortably - almost as if she's stating a general trivia fact and not talking about feelings.

For someone who doesn't have any experience in relationships or having feelings towards another person, Yeji was handling this far better than she is. Her straightforward attitude was actually playing a big role in the talk.

The brunette felt even more guilty hearing her girlfriend's explanation and apology.

"I understand", Ryujin finally finding her voice.

"I'm sorry that I had to act that way. I didn't know how to process it and... I don't know. I'm sorry."

"Well you could just tell me", Yeji smiled at her softly.

"Tell me how you're feeling. I'm not the best at communication and I almost always choose to walk away from the difficult things, so I'm probably not the most eligible person to give advice on this. But... being with you isn't."