4

Cale, still deathly terrified of Ron and not liking that he waited for them at all, let out a quiet, "Yes, Ron."

Adara snorted at that. Cale was so obviously scared of Ron, no wonder Ron had been looking at the cup weirdly earlier today. Adara didn't know what to be expecting. Cale had sort of blown up at him to not wait for him earlier, but then again Ron is Ron.

Ron's gaze turned to behind them, where Choi Han as standing a bit awkwardly. Adara watched Ron's face intently as it stiffened when seeing the stranger behind them. Adara had almost forgotten about Choi Han's aura. But seeing Ron's mood change she remembered it was there. She was calmer after realising it was not his, but Ron did not have that knowledge.

"Young master, what is going on? I will take care of this guest if you tell me what is needed," Ron spoke, not taking his eyes off Choi Han. Choi Han stared back just as intensely. Adara wasn't sure if they were going to hit it off like Cale described back at Billos's shop. But then again, he did mention that they were always at each others throats, and it was mainly Beacrox who wanted to follow Choi Han. Because he beat up Cale. She took one look at Cale next to her, her expression calm and cooled, though she felt despair reach up in her chest and block her throat. My Cale.

"No need," he responded, starting to walk towards Kitchen No. 2, where Beacrox spent all day sharpening his knives.

Ron raised an eyebrow, immediately following behind.

Though as they walked, Choi Han, the knight, and Ron following behind the two, they heard a perky voice speak up, "Young master and Mistress!"

They turned, seeing Hans looking at them with a bright smile. "You both came home after drinking!"

Cale raised an eyebrow at the emphasis. Adara only shrugged, subtly. Sometimes Adara needed to dispose of scum so she stayed a bit longer. She rolled her shoulders again, the feeling nagging her. In hindsight, she should've been used to it by now. Trying to get rid of her thoughts, she lifted the bottle to drink some of her wine, only to be disappointed when she realised she had drank it all. Sighing, she handed the bottle to Hans, Cale following with her.

Hans flinched hard, raising his hands to cover his face as he tried to protect himself from the two troublemakers. He peeked from between his fingers, confused as nothing had come in contact with his skin. Red flush creeped up from his neck to his face as he realised what he had done, and what they had instead wanted to do. But a shiver ran down his spine as he saw Adara's eyes. Cold, like her eyes earlier when she had broken the glass. He also noticed her knuckles turning ashy as she clenched hard on the wine bottle's neck. He quickly snatched the bottles from their hands.

"My apologies, Young Master and Mistress!" he squeaked. Ron rolled his eyes discreetly.

Cale rolled his eyes less discreetly. "Next time I'll actually throw it at you."

Hans paled.

Adara started walking away, already done with the conversation, Cale quickly caught up.

Hans paled more at that. Finally seeing the group of people following the two his eyebrows raised. There was a stranger, Ron, and a knight. Ron was expected, but why was a stranger and a knight following the two? Turning to the two nobles walking away he called out, "Young Master? Young Mistress? Where are you two going?"

Upon hearing no response, Hans only joined the crowd and started walking with them.

As they reached the door to the second kitchen, Cale lifted his hand on the door, hesitating to open it. His heart was beating so hard that she could hear it. She rolled her eyes, opening the door instead. Beacrox was inside, sharpening his knives with a smile on his face. He looked up, confused on who was coming through the door, before the smile fell off his face as he looked at the faces of the two trash.