10

Adara raised an eyebrow when she and Cale looked into their carriage. The two kittens were sitting on a soft, expensive, silk cushion. "Why is it that their seat is better than ours?" Cale asked, frowning as he looked at Hans who was putting the special treats he prepared for the kittens in the carriage.

"Young Master and Mistress, shouldn't our precious kitten-nims travel comfortably on this trip? They are so small and precious!" Hans smiled. Cale, Adara and Ron all looked at him with blank expressions.

I pity the moment he finds out they can create fog and fill it with poison, Adara thought. A few days ago, the four of them, the two nobles and the two kittens spent a few minutes in an empty corner of the garden. Adara had already explained that On could control fog and that Hong could control poison, but they wanted to know the extent.

"What can you do?"

The kittens didn't respond, instead decided to show them. On created fog, controlling it so that Cale and Adara wouldn't end up being paralysed, while Hong used a bit of his blood to spread some paralysing poison in the air. The poison was at the level of paralysing, but it could be increased if he consumed poison.

Adara had smiled. Cale was also smiling. "You two are quite useful."

On and Hong puffed up their chests. "We were able to run away because of our poisonous fog!" On exclaimed.

"We are quite useful!" Hong agreed with his older sister.

Adara smiled at that. They would be very useful.

Ron broke her out of her thoughts, and suddenly her mind wasn't in the garden, but outside, about to get on the carriage. "Young Master and Mistress, I will be sitting with the driver up top."

Cale waved his hand impatiently. "You go do that."

Ron disappeared from their sight, and Adara and Cale were about to board as well when Choi Han approached them. "Cale-nim, Adara-nim." Choi Han refused to call them 'Young Master and Mistress', instead choosing to call them 'Cale-nim and Adara-nim'.

"What?" Adara asked.

"Is it okay for me to not be in the same carriage while protecting you?"

Cale's expression turned as if he had drunk bitter lemon tea, while Adara's only changed in an expression that seemed to say she did not get why would be needed. Choi Han understood what they meant, and walked away without another word.

Adara watched him for a bit. "He does not seem to be in complete despair like you described he was in the novel," Adara whispered, making sure Choi Han couldn't hear. Cale barely heard her.

"He is not," Cale responded. "It's weird."

Cale described his eyes as not very clear, full of anger and thoughts of revenge, but as she said, he wasn't full of any of those things. He recovered quicker, she thought, bitterly. Why was he able to recover quicker? It only happened a few days ago. He still had a strong desire for revenge, but he had a calm demeanour on the outside. Yet, as they continued to watch him, they saw the Vice Captain of the territory's Knight Brigade, Hilsman, approach Choi Han. "I don't think this is your spot." He was looking down at Choi Han, a smug expression on his face.

When Choi Han defeated the Brigade, he had hidden his abilities to that of an average level. But, the knights didn't like him. The reason was that he was the first person two Trash had brought in as a guest, and Count Deruth treated him like he was important. He was also a part of their guards, which made a lot of the knights start to dislike and oppose him. Also, the fact that he had defeated them all was rubbing salt in the wound. Though they couldn't visibly irritate him because he was still their guest, there were many things they were doing to secretly annoy him.