17

"Are we camping out today?" On asked as she ate the jerky Hans had left in the carriage.

They were on their way to Puzzle City, it was the centre of the transportation of goods in the East and it was famous for its rock towers. And out of all the rock towers, Adara and Cale needed to find an unfinished one.

"Yeah." Adara nodded. "There aren't any places to stay until we get to the next city." The kittens whispered in hushed voices to each other but she paid them no mind. They needed to camp outside for a couple days since they wanted to have enough time in Puzzle City, so they needed to move without stopping in any inns. 

The Vitality of the Heart, she thought. It was an Ancient Power that focused on restoration and vitality. That's why Taylor Stan was searching for it, she thought with an indifferent expression. He thought it would heal his legs and restore his position as Heir. He had rummaged through all sorts of texts before finding an ancient text in an unnamed person's possession. She had a feeling that the words 'Restoration. Rock Tower' were familiar until realising that they were the exact same words that were in an ancient book that she bought from an old bookstore. 

"Adara?" Cale asked, he could tell she was thinking up a storm.

Without question, she spoke out her line of thought. "I have an ancient book I bought in an old bookstore. Taylor read the lines that lead him here in a book in an unnamed person's possession. I am that unnamed person." She paused, petting Hong again. "But I don't get how he got the text now. I'm pretty sure he got to the Thornwin Territory, we couldn't have influenced that part of the storyline. But I haven't been home in a while, so I couldn't have given him the book. But he somehow got ahold of it, because we know he's in Puzzle City. But who gave it to him?"

"Your brother?" Cale offered.

She shook her head. Hong had climbed onto her shoulder and On was resting in her lap. "No, he does not care for old stories in old books." She still remembers the looks of scorn when he had seen her reading a book about the Ancient Times. "And while I translated all of it, I keep the official translations apart and only wrote notes in the corners of the most important parts. So it would be impossible for someone to understand everything unless I was there."

"Did you write notes on the 'Restoration. Rock Tower' part?"

She nodded, thinking hard. "I'm sure I did. I also wrote a—." She paused. The image of the corner of a book filled her mind. The handwritten words 'Restoration. Rock Tower' were clear, and an arrow pointing down to a location. "Puzzle City. I wrote Puzzle City underneath the translated words. I even drew a little rock tower." She chuckled. "Oh, I really laid out all the cards for them to find."

Though the Vitality of the  Heart was unable to restore an already injured body, Adara found it funny that it was her that lead them here. What she did not find funny, however, was that even after finding Vitality of the Heart, a month later he died. An unknown organisation had killed him during the state of chaos from the Terror Incident. Venion, of course, sent that organisation after Taylor.

What interested Adara the most, was the Crazy Priestess, Cage. She was Taylor's friend and a Priestess of the God of Death. When Taylor got assassinated, she killed all of the assassins in anger. That resulted in her becoming excommunicated by the Temple. She was happy after being excommunicated since she was finally free. That's how she earned the nickname, 'The Crazy Priestess'. She was known for using the strength of the God of Death for curses. While the Temple might have thrown her away, the God of Death would not have dared.

And when the war broke out, she only grew in famousness because of how she helped to heal the injured.

Taylor will not die this time, Adara thought. She didn't know for sure, but she wanted to reassure herself. Venion will probably be too busy having to deal with the missing dragon incident and sucking up to the Marquis. He won't have time to deal with some quiet older brother, even if he did supposedly spend time in the Wealthy Thornwin's Territory. He'll need to focus on those pesky younger siblings of his. She'd met Venion's younger siblings too. But she found them boring, they were all too scared of her to even look in her direction without side-eyeing her.