22

The next day, Adara and Cale stood in front of the inn they were staying at. Cale's arms were crossed, while Adara had her hands casually in the pockets of her pants. They both had frowns on their faces as they studied the person in front of them.

Their outfits were even flashier and more luxurious than usual.

Yesterday, when they came from the mountain, all the gazes were directed at them. They found that quite annoying.

"Young Master and Mistress!" Hans had screeched upon seeing them. "Even if I, Hans, was not here, how could you two tumble down a steep mountain!" 

Somehow, 'losing balance at a steep part' had changed to 'tumbling down a steep mountain and almost injuring themselves but luckily only their clothes were messed up'. She found it laughable that they believed that so quickly.

"This Vice Captain should have escorted you!" Vice Captain, Hilsman, had said.

She had made a face at that. And protect us from what? The steep mountain? Or the dirt?

Ron had his classic butler smile on. "Aigoo, Young Master and Mistress. This Ron is very sad."

She was the most annoyed at that one, especially since she saw his eyes flash in amusement when she rolled her eyes.

They had dressed up today because of that. The fancy outfits they were wearing looked good with their hair and looks. Both of them had the type of face and body to look good in anything they were dressed in. Even in poorly fitting men's clothing, Adara had looked good, maybe not like a Count's Daughter, but she still had looked good.

But, besides the fact of what had happened yesterday, there was another reason they were annoyed currently.

"You're going to go like that?" Cale had asked annoyed.

Choi Han had a small bag and his sword with him, that was all. "Yes."

Adara sighed.

It was not a special feast or farewell party for Choi Han. Neither Cale, Adara nor Choi Han wanted something like that. That's why the party that was seeing him off was pretty small. Adara, Cale, the kittens, Hans, Ron, Beacrox, and the Vice Captain— oddly enough— were the only ones there. The fact that the Vice Captain was with them was quite odd in the beginning, but he was only standing there with a frown as he said his goodbyes.

Adara took one hand out of her pocket, a small bag in her hands. She threw it at Choi Han. While the throw looked effortless, when Choi Han caught it he felt the force she had thrown it with. And she says she is weak, he thought. Well, she was weak. And she knew it. And yet she used it to her advantage. She could hit pressure points to render someone unconscious, she could break someone's arm if she twisted it in the right way, she could be strong if she wanted to, relying mostly on momentum and strategy. All of this made her very strong, but compared to her actual physical strength, she was truly weak.

Choi Han recognised the bag Adara had thrown at him. It was the same one they had given the Black Dragon. Choi Han opened the bag to find that the bag was filled with potions and other useful items. Choi Han felt his jaw go slack before he composed himself again. He lifted his head and looked at the two nobles in front of him.

Cale grimaced as he saw the look Choi Han had in his eyes. "What? What do you want? Just chuck it away if you don't want it."

Adara agreed, not being able to identify the look in Choi Han's eyes but not exactly liking it either. "It's easy, you just go—." She made a over-exaggerated gesture of chucking something away.