11

"How many days?" she asked. Adara was bored, having spent so long sitting down, she dreaded what it would be like for the rest of the journey, after all, they had just begun. She was currently laying down on the soft seat that Countess Violan had ensured for them, the kittens' cushion underneath her head as a pillow and the kittens themselves on her stomach.

"Three days," he responded. Cale was sitting across from her.

"What's happening in three days?" Hong asked. Adara started caressing his head.

"We will be on our way again in three days, if all things go well," she added. The Black Dragon would originally cause a mana explosion in 3 days. They were now in Viscount Tolz's Territory. A villa was built in the mountain just outside of the village they were on their way to a few years ago. Of course, the Viscount of this Territory was nothing more than a dog of Marquis Stan, who was the reason for the Black Dragon going crazy. Even the Villa wasn't theirs, it was actually the Marquis's, used so they had easy access to the Cave where the Black Dragon was being tortured. Except the mountain would be destroyed in three days, because of the Mana Explosion.

Adara's eyes darkened. Venion. The Marquis's second son, Venion Stan, was a crazy psycho who crippled his own older brother to rise to the position of heir. She had met Taylor Stan before, briefly, he was invited to the banquet her brother arranged. He could still walk then, but he was frail-looking. She remembered thinking he would not be able to survive in the Stan Family. She felt horrible when she heard the news. The bastard, Venion, visits the villa often to torture the Black Dragon. If it was not for Venion, the Black Dragon would not have wasted its life force by causing an explosion and died.

Hans's head appeared in the window of their carriage. "Young Master and Mistress, I will take Choi Han-nim and quickly look for an inn, you both must be tired. Please wait for a moment," he said. The carriage was currently resting outside of the village entrance.

"Sure, go do that," Adara said.

"Whatever," Cale responded.

"We will be right back," Hans said, quickly scurrying off to get Choi Han. Choi Han himself was staring nostalgically at the village. Adara now fully understood his motives for killing the Black Dragon, it was because he could not withstand seeing another small and quiet village wither away just as Harris Village had.

Adara and Cale sent each other a look, both realising the same thing. "Choi Han," they called out. Everyone was starting to get used to the occasional time Adara and Cale would speak in unison, even they were starting to get used to it.

"Yes?" Choi Han asked, looking at them with slight hesitation.

"Hurry back," they responded.

A small gasp fled from Choi Han, his expression full of admiration, and an innocent smile on his face. "Yes, sir, yes ma'am. I will be right back."

Cale motioned him away as if he was annoyed, but Choi Han only bowed his head before quickly starting to walk towards the village with Hans. When Cale looked at Adara he noticed she was frowning. "What's going on?"

She got up from her laying position, gently putting the kittens in her lap instead. "It's a carriage. It's going too fast. By how heavy it is, I'm guessing it's a high-ranking noble's carriage in a rush."

Cale didn't know how to respond, he was suddenly getting a bad feeling. "How can you tell it's heavy?"

She shrugged. "A heavy carriage makes a different sound as it rides than a lighter one does. Of course, the heaviness is from the decoration. If there is no decoration, then the noble is poor and not very important. This carriage is almost as heavy as ours."