38

Adara and Cale were drinking a bottle of wine, multiple stares being directed at them as they did so. Almost everyone recognised them, even the bartender was hesitant to serve them, but they paid no matter to them.

"Who exactly is Young Lady Amiru to you?" Cale asked, the image of Adara smiling so sickeningly sweetly came to mind.

Adara snorted at the question. "A failed seed," she responded.

He got the metaphor, remembering a morning they shared breakfast so long ago. "Ah, so she's not your Unnie."

She shrugged. "She thinks she is."

"What did she fail in?" he wondered, curious.

Adara shrugged again. "You read the investment plans. They are not going to work. The Crown Prince will not invest in them. If, instead of investing in tourism they would propose investing in a Navy, he would certainly invest in that. But she did not get my hints, as subtle as I tried to keep them."

Cale nodded, thinking hard. "Yes, a Navy would be very useful in the war." He looked at her, a new look in his eyes. "Your hints were too subtle, what if someone who was more direct would try it?"

She grinned. "Go ahead. Shoot your shot."

At 11 p.m. exactly, Choi Han and the Black Dragon came to the bar. Adara and Cale finished their wine, Choi Han drank his beer, and they went on their way home.

They went back the day after that, they found nothing.

Adara was now on the couch reading her book, Cale was still sleeping. He had the habit of sleeping until late. Adara couldn't sleep late, but in the past, it would take her well past noon to fully wake up, now, because of Vitality of the Heart, it made it very difficult for her to be tired.

It was past noon at this point, the sun streaming lazily through the slightly opened window.

The kittens were reading along with her, though they did not read the beginning with her, they found the book interesting now. They were asking a bunch of questions about the context and various characters who appeared. She answered as best she could, having to go into long discussions about why a certain character worded their sentence in that way and how it ties in with their character arc.

On was happy with those long discussions, clearly enjoying the discourse and how passionately Adara talked about the characters.

Hong was less so, he mainly wanted to get to the next page.

As they sat on the couch, reading all three of them, Adara heard footsteps approaching their door. Only, whereas multiple servants had walked past, some walking in to check if Cale was still sleeping, these footsteps were familiar to her.

They were Ron's.

True enough, a knock sounded at the door.

"Come in."

Cale, being a light sleeper, was starting to wake at the noise. She could tell by his breathing patterns.

The door opened and true enough, Ron came in. He watched the kittens and his Kitten Young Mistress with observant eyes. All three of them were looking at him, their bright golden eyes as bright as the gold of the reflecting chandelier, her dark eyes as dark as the night sky without the luminescence of the stars.

He smiled at them. "Good morning, Young Mistress."

She looked away from him, going back to her book. "Good morning, Ron."

Ron smiled again. He walked to his Young Master's bed, seeing the sleeping redhead with a frown. "Young Master, are you up?"

Cale frowned further, his voice coming out grumbled. "Ron..." He opened his eyes to stare at the old butler.