˗ ˏ ˋ❆ Winter Special ❆ ˎˊ ˗

Adara was in her room, staring up at the ceiling.

It was winter. It was cold.

And she could not sleep.

She stared at all the faults in the ceiling, the familiar ceiling. It was so odd to her. To be back in her room, after having spent 4 years in the Temple of Death. She was only recently back, the Banquet that she crashed happening only a week ago. 2 weeks ago, she was still in the Temple of Death, preparing to leave.

And that was what was so odd to her, only 2 weeks ago she said bye to her dad, Priest Charlie, to Bede and his young sister, Lina, Sir Dain, Sir Isac, even to Priest Aron she signed goodbye to. And that was only 2 weeks ago.

It felt like a year.

So much happened in the week since the Banquet that she could not process it all. Her father interrogated her, asking where she had been and why. With him looking close to slapping her when she refused to answer his questions. And that made the fury come up in her, the silent fury that she had to deal with for the past 14 years.

Countess Lousie, her mother, was not any better. She was glaring daggers at Adara the whole entire time, though she did not say a word. Adara felt Countess Louise's sharp green eyes on her the entire time, the weight heavy on her shoulders, her golden hair in a pristine hairstyle.

Out of everything, what she least expected, was that her brother did not say anything. He did not look at her, he did not speak to her, he did not even breath in her direction. She was tense as hell during the whole thing, wondering if her brother would come to her and speak to her, maybe make fun of her.

The last time they saw each other, was when he tried to murder her.

And now he wouldn't even look at her.

She could not tell if he was ashamed. She could not tell anything, because he made sure he was looking anywhere except for her, preventing her from even seeing his face.

The only good thing that had come out of that Banquet was the fact she met an interesting red-headed Young Master.

And that was it.

She was put to work the second she arrived home after an uncomfortable carriage ride back. Well, she put herself to work. She wanted to do all the duties she couldn't do when she was 10.

And she shouldn't be able to do them now, at 14, but it was all good because she was now more assertive in asking for her due work. She was going to be the Successor, so she needed to take up the Successor's work.

But, before she even arrived for two days, her brother had gotten rid of all the servants she was so glad to see the day before. It still annoyed her. It reminded her of when Unnie left. Except, this time it was all of them.

And her brother didn't even dare to look her in the face as he did it. He simply gave the order the night before, leaving her to wake up to a cold and unfamiliar face and find out what happened later. Without being able to say goodbye.

Like with Unnie.

She still needed to decide what she was going to do about that. She needed to find them. But she couldn't bring them back into her employment, because her father was convinced her brother hadn't been lying in his report and refused to have them back.

She was still undecided about what to do when she found them.

Adara's attention was taken when she heard a noise from outside. She sighed. It was just a noise. Noises were always noisy. She was surprised that she was so on edge by a simple noise. She figured it was because the noise was unfamiliar.