Part 2 Chapter 12

Xavier's POV (Chapter 13, Abducted by a Hot Vampire: Prince Xavier)

I find my father once more and as soon as I enter his office I see him continuing to watch the TV. The news is still discussing the reward for Caitlin if she is returned to her parents.

"One million dollars..." he mutters, tapping his chin with his finger.

"Not happening," I growl, anger spiking from my chest and filling every inch of me. My father's attitude to women was beyond degrading, just the way he treated his wife. He wasn't going to treat Caitlin the same way. He had a black heart, no warmth towards anyone except his family.

"Maybe I should just over-rule you and send her back, we could use the money to upgrade security," he snaps back, using his most authoritative tone, "She is one human, I can get you another - they are plentiful in the city."

"I wouldn't suggest trying to over rule me," I say darkly, having the urge to assert my own authority. This palace needed a better leader, a stronger, wiser and fair protector.

And soon, I was going to be that vampire to take that position.

"I don't like the tone you are using with me, boy," The King stands up from his chair, his eyes narrowing, "I am still your father - so you better listen to me."

"You can't be the King forever," I say slowly, with a small smirk, "One day you'll have to step down - or someone will make you." It is a not-so-subtle threat but I was pissed off. No one interfered with what was mine. Caitlin was staying with me, by my side, where she belonged.

My father is about to snarl something at me but pauses when the lights suddenly flicker off, the TV blinks once before switching off - and the room is suddenly empty of light.

"Damn it," my father growls.

When the lights don't turn back on from the emergency power-supply straight away, a feeling of dread fills my chest.

"We've been infiltrated," I say bluntly, walking over to my dad's desk I walk around it and pull out the first draw, shoving a gun at my father and keeping one for me.

"That son of a bitch got in again, didn't he?" The King growls, "Go find Jennifer, now, before she is kidnapped. Her blood must not be taken."

"I'm on it," I snap, heading for the door.

When my hand rests on the doorknob I start to hear screaming from the halls.

We weren't just being infiltrated.

We were being attacked.

***Updates every Monday***

Isobel's POV (Chapter 36, Abducted by a Hot Vampire with a Sense of Humour: Maximus)

I go and search through the palace but can't find Anthony or Carla anywhere. I decide that maybe they had gone back to Anthony's room. Only problem was I had no idea where that room was.

I'm about to give up on finding him when I spot Darrius and Jennifer turn the corner, heading for the main kitchen, hand in hand.

I just watch as they approach and Jennifer spots me immediately. As they get closer I see the fire in Jennifer's eyes and I hear her heart beating faster. She was pissed at me, but I only did what I thought was best - getting some of the truth out there. So she could deal with it.

Maximus and her had - something... I just didn't know what it was or how deep it went.

"Have you seen Claudia, Isobel?" Jennifer asks, coldly.