Part 2 Chapter 15

Darrius' POV

Xavier and I decide to meet the werewolves together, with Owen as backup including some younger recruits working on being defence for the palace. They would stay back in the trees surrounding Oak Meadow while me and Xavier faced the wolves head on.

I made sure Jennifer stayed inside the palace, where she could speak to Meredith and help her keep Maximus and Isobel alive enough until we could get some of Eddrick's blood. I didn't trust the witch, but she was my only hope of saving my best friend. Leah wasn't too much of a worry because it was just her injured leg that was a problem and she was also stubborn as hell.

"So we are telling them everything?" Xavier asks, with a hint of disapproval as we walk across the field towards a small group of werewolves in the middle of the enchanted meadow. The perfect place to talk without the threat of violence.

"We are telling them everything," I say firmly, "We have to, in order to stop Eddrick from causing anymore havoc in the supernatural world."

Xavier gives me an irritated look but doesn't argue. He couldn't think of a better plan and neither could I. We owed the werewolves the truth anyhow, as they spared our lives in the Evergreen forest this early morning.

It is now just the beginning of night, but we can see clearly across the field with our vampire vision. I spot Christian with his girl, I suddenly remember her name to be Ruby. There are also two other back up werewolves.

As we stop before them, no one offers to shake hands. We all stop and glare at one another. I particularly have to try hard not to say any smart-ass comments. We had to work together.

"You're wolves were morphed by Eddrick into killing machines," Xavier speaks first, "They are dead, we had no choice but to kill them –"

"What?" Christian hisses, and I glare at Xavier. What a way to piss them off from the beginning.

"We have the bodies," Xavier snaps, "We will return them to you after we speak."

"You came here to tell us all you know about Eddrick, to propose a truce. Instead you come here to tell me that my two missing scouts have been killed," Christian growls, teeth bared.

"We haven't explained to you what happened yet, it's more complicated than that," I snarl, "Eddrick changed them. Jennifer and another girl's blood, her twin's, to be precise, mixed separately with Eddrick's own blood creates two powerful potions. One cures vampirism, god knows what it does to werewolves," Christian looks taken aback and I feel smug that I've clearly caught him off guard, "The other potion clearly makes supernatural creatures raving mad, extremely strong and blood thirsty."

"We can't kill Eddrick," Xavier adds in, "We need his blood. Meredith has spoken about the rare form of his blood and how it is one of a kind. It is too powerful to waste. Hence, we must stop Eddrick from kidnapping and changing anymore vampires or werewolves, but we must also keep him alive."

"How am I to believe any of what you are saying," Christian says, suddenly deciding now is the time to disregard our information. He laughs mockingly, "Where is your proof that he used potions to change vampires and werewolves?"

"Bring out the bodies!" I yell over my shoulder.

In no time, Owen runs out and dumps two bloodied, deformed wolf bodies before Christian and his pack mates. Then he retreats back into the forest. Ruby gasps, taking a step back from the bodies. Christian's face goes blank.

Before them are two monsters, what appear to be werewolves transformed half way towards wolf.

"This is our proof," Xavier says quietly, "They were let loose inside the vampire palace and killed many before I stopped them."