[4] Misery

Soveishu's POV

"K...King Callista?" I questioned Rashta, mortified. The King of Cordelia? Friends with Rashta? Impossible. The King hasn't even been here for more than a day. 

If Rashta is lying.....

"Rashta," I started. "You..." I stopped again. If I outright say that Rashta is lying, she'll get upset.. and the maids....I turned my attention to them. 

"You two," I scowled. "how dare you insult the King of another country? And our esteemed guest no less." Frightened, the two scrambled to grovel at my feet. 

"No, your majesty! We didn't--" 

"So now you're calling Rashta a liar?" I questioned. 

"No, we-" 

"So if you're not calling her a liar, then you're instead attempting to fool me?" These two were amusing. At my question, they responded with silence. It's unfortunate but...

"The two of you realize your crime, then." I looked at Rashta, catching a sort of smirk form her before she quickly changed her expression. 

What was that?

Anyhow, these two...

"You'll be imprisoned for your crime." I looked again to Rashta as I called guards in to take the two. She had a worried expression on her face. 

"Don't worry, Rashta," I smiled. "I'll find you some proper ladies-in-waiting soon. For now..." I cast a look out the window. "You should avoid King Callista."

"No!" She exclaimed. It shocked me. Baffled, I stared at her as she grabbed my arm.

"Your majesty, Sister Callista is a friend of Rashta's! Rashta met her yesterday. She was so kind! Rashta must make her proud.." God, that awful way of speech. Her voice was rather unpleasant when she whined like that.

Why did I keep her..?

Ah. 

She's like an adorable pet, isn't she? 

I let out a small chuckle, earning a confused look. 

"Rashta. Tell me about the encounter," I myself have never really gotten the chance to get close to her majesty. "I admit I'm curious as to how the King behaved."

-------------------------

Meanwhile, Navier's POV

"Navier," she practically growled. "Allow me to take care of it."

I placed my hands over hers, which were still cupping my face. She held it gently, yet firm, as if it would break if she let go. Take care of it? I couldn't let her do that. The East's citizens already dislike her. If she were to be involved in our internal affairs... "Callista, you don't have to do anything. Really, you shouldn't get involved---" 

"Navier." I swear her voice got deeper. As she spoke, she looked into my eyes. Her greenish ones were practically glowing. Upon seeing my shocked expression, they softened. Reluctantly, she let go of my face, and then took my right hand in hers, bringing it to her lips.

 "I will take care of it, Queen," she kissed my hand, then continued, softly. "I will lessen the burden for you, my dear friend. I care not of the Eastern citizens' opinion of me. This is not my nation, but yours. I have no attachment or commitment to anyone here but you." We made eye contact again. 

"I will defend and protect your honor, Navier. I will be your Lady."

---------------------

Minutes later--