[8] New Year's Ceremony

Above is what everyone's wearing:) Varya in blue, Rhea in pink/white, Reit in black, Callista in gold

----------------

Navier's POV

"Excuse me, your majesty?" I looked up from the work on my desk to face the man who had come to me. 

"Yes?"

"Prince Heinrey is here to see you." I stood, making my way to the door to greet the man. 

What was he doing here?

"Ah, my queen." He smirked down at me, in that same tone he used before. Why does he want to see me? I felt a bit uneasy, unsure of how to properly respond.

He lifted my hand in his, kissing it like he had before. It was...

Uncomfortable. 

"I hope I wasn't interrupting, my queen."

I pulled my hand away from his, fixing my expression and regaining my composure.

"It's alright," I started, distancing myself a bit, "Why did you wish to see me?"

"To request a tour of the palace." He smiled.

"A tour?" I almost didn't believe him.

"Yes," he leaned closer. "The palace is so grand, I'm afraid I might lose my way."

So that's all he wanted, then. I can just ask one of my ladies-in-waiting to give him a tour, and then I can continue my work in the meantime...

"Then I shall have my lady-in-waiting--"

"No." He interrupted me. "I was hoping.. that you might show me around, my queen." He leaned in again.

This man..

He keeps calling me "Queen". 

Could he be Queen's master?

"Is it too much to ask, my queen?" I realized I had been standing silently for a while. 

His voice is friendly... but for some reason, he seems a bit arrogant. I don't want to give him a tour myself, but if I deny him, it may put a strain on the relationship between our nations. 

Defeated, I answered. "No, it's alright."

"Thank you." He beamed at me.

---

As we walked the outdoor halls of the palace, I directed him to follow me. 

"This way."

His mood changes swiftly..

"Have you been to the silver garden? It's near the Southern Palace."

He nodded, matching my stride to keep up. I really wanted this to be over already, I was busy enough as it is, and being around him so far has been uncomfortable. 

"Yes, of course, I've already explored all of the Southern Palace." He stated.

Then...

"Your majesty!"

 This voice.....

Rashta rushed forwards, coming to a stop once she reached us. She had a joyous expression, seemingly excited at the sight of the man next to me.

Are men all she cares for?

 "Are you out for a stroll? I'm taking a walk too!" She beamed. Then, she looked to Prince Heinrey.

"Oh! Hello, I'm Rashta!" she greeted.

"Hello. I'm Heinrey." he responded with that same smile he had been wearing. He bowed to her.