「Part 2: An Unsuitable Profession for Her. Second, an Ecstatic Detective Agency」

Disclaimer: I don't own Xiao, Genshin impact, Bungo Stray Dogs. They belong to their rightful owners. I only own the change of the storyline, change of characters and the change of Xiao

Thought or flashback
*action*
Yelling or screaming

 Thought or flashback *action*Yelling or screaming

[3rd P.O.V]

The faint sound of beeping echoed in a room of the Port Mafia; it was bare but had a gurney with an injured Akutagawa occupying it, along with different monitors surrounding the patient. Some showing his vitals and overall, how he was doing.

[In another room]

The room was very fancy, most likely a place where important dinners or meetings are held. At the head of the table sat the Port Mafia boss with a plate in front of him, and his elbows propped up and hands crossed.

The boss listed off the injures Akutagawa received from Xiao with disappointment laced in his tone, even though it was hidden.

"Such a pitiful sight to see Akutagawa still passed out from exhaustion, *sighs* no matter that is what he gets after battling the demon and failing the mission." The boss said. 

Higuchi was present at the other end of the table crossed arms behind her back, bowing her head lightly to show respect. "I apologize." She spoke.

"Him regaining consciousness is not to high due to the battle with the demon that he should've known not to engage battle with." The boss informs.

Hearing that made Higuchi gasp a little, she looked up, "no way..." she breathed.

She didn't think the adepti was that strong, regarding the first time of her encounter with him Higuchi didn't think the demon was strong especially since he went down by three bullets.

But with Akutagawa in his current state, she realized if he could take down the rashomoun user leaving him in his current state... the adepti could've done worse she tried to fight him.

"Don't feel too bad. Yes, you did fail attacking the Agency and capturing the weretiger and demon, additionally you allowed the transport ship to sink." The boss listed off the failures smoothly.

Behind Higuchi was a small girl in a red, frilly dress sitting on the tiled ground drawing something.

"But you did your best in the end, did you not?" The boss questions lightly, "effort is what's important. Results come second. Don't you agree?" He spoke.

Higuchi turned her head to the side, not sure what to the think of what the boss said while her eyes held a worried look.

The boss seemed to forget something, "oh, yes... the remnants of the group Akutagawa annihilated, Karma Transit... apparently they're regrouping." He informed.