|39. Heartbreak|

Updating again bc I'm the best hehe

Enjoy!

——-

"What do you mean by that?" Her gaze softened.

She didn't yell back because she saw the pain reflecting in his eyes. She saw the hurt that he never talked about. She wanted to know his story.

Because someone once told her:

"So next time I defend a villain of the tale know that they were too once broken and frail."

His words have struck her mind ever since.

"Talk to me what happened to you Junayd? You can trust me." She took a few strides closer to him eating up the space between them.

He shook his hand and lowered it staring at the ground.

"It's not that I don't trust you, because believe me or not you're the one who I will always trust with my life. But... Some things should remain unspoken to forget them." He sighed wiping his face with the palms of his hands.

"Junayd-" She wanted to talk more about it but he didn't want to talk further on this subject.

"Do you want ice cream?" He suggested giving her his beautiful grin that hid a heart and mind shattered in thousands of pieces.

"Anytime and anywhere bro." She grinned back deciding to light up their mood.

"Okay, grab a jacket let's go." He walked out of the room.

"Wait what? Where? We have ice cream at home!" She protested following him downstairs.

"I don't care I want to go. You're coming or not?"

"Okay, okay I'm coming." She hurried to grab her hijab and her long black puffer jacket.

"Let's go!" She cheered when she got in the car engulfing the familiar oddly nice car smell.

She loved how it smelt.

They got to the ice cream booth. It was super cozy, small, and beautiful. She loved the vibe immediately after walking in.

They took their order and waited.

It was silent and akward. None of them knew how to start a conversation so they were both just sitting in total silence.

"What's your favorite flavor?" She asked him.

"I don't know, maybe the one we had last time?" He wasn't sure what to say because he never enjoyed the food in the first place. But since she came to his house transforming it into a home he has been loving every single bite he took when she was in his company.

"You mean cookie dough?" She teased him.

"Yeah, that." He akwardly looked away from her beautiful eyes.

"Oh my God are you fruity?" She gasped pushing it more.

"What the hell does that mean?" He frowned.

"Come closer." She whispered putting her elbows on the table getting closer to him and he did as well.

It was suddenly quiet. At a certain point, it was just an eye-contact battle.

She then gave him an evil smile making him frown further.

"It means are you gay?" She whispered.

When she saw his flabbergasted wide eyes she immediately fell back laughing as hard as she can.

His reaction was priceless. His ears heated up and got red. He got irritated she could tell.

"You're disrespecting me." He gritted his teeth trying not to laugh so she won't think that he was joking.