ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 7

Akshita and Ishan were munching popcorn and chips while sitting in the living room watching Wednesday series on tv. Suddenly the main door opened with a bang making both of them jump at their place and spilling popcorn on couch. Both gulped in fear looking at the person who stood on the door seething in anger.

"Bhaiya/ Aditya" whispered Akshita and Ishan in unison.

Aditya took three long strides toward them and both stood up in fear. He glared at Ishan for a good one minute. His eyes spitting anger, jaw clenched and flared nose.

"College nhi gaya ?" Aditya asked Ishan in a very calm voice.

(You didn't go to college ?)

"Vo---voh holiday tha" Ishan stuttered in low voice.

(It was a holiday)

"Really ?" Aditya asked with surprise.

"Aditya" Akshita spoke but stopped immediately when Aditya showed his palm to her indicating not to speak.

Akshita shivered in fear watching Aditya. She got a feeling that he got to know about Ishan's college. Now he won't spare them.

He pulled out his phone from pocket and showed it to Ishan. It showed a call history with some Prof. Vishwas. Ishan eyes widened after seeing it and he immediately bowed his head down.

"Tumhe kya laga mujhe kuch pta nhi chalega" Aditya whispered in a dead tone making Ishan shudder in fear.

(What did you thought ? I won't get to know ?)

"I--I was about to tell you" Ishan replied in low voice.

"Just shut up" Aditya yelled making both of them flinched.

"No you were not going to tell me. You were making fool of me. Don't you feel ashamed ?" Aditya barked and Ishan bowed his eyes in guilt. Aditya grabbed Ishan's jaw and tilted his head towards himself.

"Meri ankh mein dekh aur jawab de. Itna bada ho gya hai tu ke baatein chupayega mujhse ?"

(Look into my eyes and speak. You have grown up so much that now you are hiding things from me )

"Nahi bhaiya. I promise main apko bata deta and I am really sorry I won't ever repeat this again" Ishan promised pinching his throat with his baby face.

(I was about to tell you)

"Adi--Aditya bacha hai ho gyi galti na. Maaf kar dein yeh apko batane wala tha. Aur yeh promise kar rha dubara aisa kabhi nhi hoga. Maine samjha dia hai isse" Akshita requested in a very sweet voice pulling Ishan's elbow in order to shield him.

(Aditya he is a kid and made a mistake. Forgive him, he was about to tell you.
And he has promised me that he won't repeat this again. I have made him understand )

"Haan Bhai dubara aisa kabhi nhi hoga aur hua toh aap mujhe khud ghar se nikal dena" Ishan joined his hands while shedding tears. Aditya huffed seeing both of their pleading looks and shaked his head in annoyance.

(Yes I won't repeat this again and if I did then you can throw me out of the house)

"Sahi kaha tumne dubara aisa hoga hi nhi kyuki tumhe toh main University se nikaal rha hun. This year you can enjoy as much as you want bunk your classes freely. And next year I'll send you outside Delhi for studies" Akshita and Ishan gasped at this revealation.

(Yes you are right this won't happen again because you are leaving this University now)

"Aap aisa nhi kar skte Aditya" Aditya stopped her in the middle showing his right palm.