ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 30

Target: 600 votes

Akshita's pov

I snuggled into my comfortable pillow it was radiating warmth and felt serene but something hard touched my nose. I blinked my eyes open to find a shirt button and the realisation dawned upon me. I raised my face to meet with sleeping Aditya and his hands wrapped around my waist.

I grazed my thumb on his cheekbone, remnants of dry tear marks visible on his face and snippets of last night flashed through my mind. He cried so much last night. He has been crying several times since few days.

He suffered so much alone.
I wonder how he used to deal with this tragic incident. Never in my wildest dream I've thought that he was hiding something like this and he had a past like this.
Also this could be the reason behind his cold and weird behaviour.

It was overwhelming for me to know about his past and all I could feel was sympathy for him. Sympathy for this Man. Whom I have been trying to hate from the past few days was once again stealing my heart.

My thoughts ceased when my eyes landed on the wall clock and it stuck me that I am getting late for school. I made an useless attempt to release his hand from my waist. Reluctantly I shook his shoulder inorder to wake him.

"Aditya wake up" I whispered.

"Hmm" he just hummed pulling me more closer in his embrace.

He smiled in sleep when I brushed my thumb on his closed eyes but the smile didn't last long as I pinched hard on his nose with my other hand.

He shrieked "Fuck what was that ?" A laughed rumbled in my throat as he rubbed his nose with a scowl.

"Let me go"

"Stay for some more time" he pressed his forehead with mine closing his eyes and my heart did a little odd twist.

This feels so dreamy.

"I am getting late for school" my palm caressed his face.

"Just a matter of few minutes. I will let you go. I promise till you get dressed your breakfast will be ready and then I'll drop you school" he insisted and I gave up.

The man who wasn't a fan of cuddles was now deamnding for cuddles.

"Don't you have office ?" I asked.

"No I worked enough. Now it's my time to enjoy my life with my wife" my eyes widen in surprise.

"A workaholic man who didn't take a single leave till now is taking leave for his wife" I said with amusement.

"Be ready for such little shocks wife" the statement sounded more like a promise.

"Don't increase my hopes so much that when it gets crushed I won't be able to gather my shattered heart once again" as I finished my words, guilt clouded his eyes and he lowered his eyes lashes.

"Ahh leave it" I sighed but his hold on me didn't loosen a bit.

"Do you have summer holidays ?" He asked after a pause.