ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ 27

Akshita's pov

I was tossing on the bed restlessly. I was tired and I wanted to sleep but I couldn't.
My eyes darted on Aditya who was sleeping peacefully on the small couch. His legs dangling down in the mid air. After our conversation he went straight to sleep without having his dinner. Honestly I don't know if he is taking his meals on time or not. He looks weak.

My thoughts took a backseat over my concern for him as I noticed his harsh breaths. I sat on the bed with support of the headboard and he started to murmur something in sleep. Strange pang hit my chest and I got down the bed marching towards him.

"Aditya" I called his name in a soft voice only to turn his murmurs louder this time.

"I didn't do anything please leave me. I didn't. Don't curse me don't" my brows furrowed listening to his murmurs and I took a glance at his body. He was sweating profusely and his lips quivering with both murmurs and shivers.

What is he saying ?

"Aditya wake up" I tapped on his shoulder but he didn't budge.

"I am sorry. I am sorry" tension lined his face. His face is edged with pain.

Sorry for what ?
Maybe he is apologizing to me in sleep.

His breathing reverberated in the room and panic filled my lungs. My heart ached observing his restless features. Scared. Distressed. Worried.

Why is he having a nightmare ?
And he looks so in pain

A strange sensation sparked in my chest before I brushed it aside.

Fetching a glass of water, I sprinkled a few drops on his face and his eyes squeezed.

"Aditya wake up" I cupped his cheek wiping a slick of sweat from his temple and his eyes fluttered open.

"Akshita" he murmured blinking his eyes and took a look around. Realisation dawned upon him and he let out a tired sigh. It took every ounce of my will power to refrain myself from hugging him to my life and comfort him.

"Are you okay ?" I asked concerned keeping our issues aside.

"Yeah" he sat on the couch and something flickered in his eyes before it disappeared.

"I just had a nightmare. Nothing else" he whispered and I nodded understanding.

Reluctantly I moved back to the bed and laid down casting a last glance at him. Silence spread in the room. Tension and impatience gripped my chest.

He has never been like this.
What's bothering him ? Is it about us ?

I had an urge to ask him about his nightmare and comfort him but I ditched the idea of it and sighed closing my eyes.

"Akshita" he called out my name after a while.

"What ?" My eyes shot open to find him towering me.

"Can I hold your hand for sometime ?" He asked hesitantly.

Please say no.