04.

NOT REALLY A
RELATIONSHIP GUY.

THE SUNLIGHT pouring through the curtains was what caused Saylah to stir awake. Her eyes squinting as she looked around the room. Her head pounding.

In complete honesty she had forgotten the events of the night before. Not being able to figure out what was going on. It was only until she turned to her left to see brown hair peaking out from the covers that she remembered. The same sight she had seen the night of the club.

She was racking her brain for the best solution to this apparent problem. Mason was in her bed, sound asleep after evidently spending the night at her house. Was she meant to kick him out? Make him a cup of tea? She hadn't been in this situation before.

She decided to quietly and subtly as possible, slip out of the bed. She attempted and was successful, the breeze from the open window hitting her spine immediately—due to her lack of clothing. She was only in knickers and a matching bra.

Walking to her chair she grabbed her satin white robe, pulling it on.

"Don't cover up on my expense." Mason's voice caused her to to jump. She thought he was sleeping.

She spun around to see an amused Mason, now sat up in the bed. Bare chest, hair messy and tattoos on show.

"Kinda already saw you without clothes. Remember?" A smug smile on his face.

Saylah rolled her eyes. Generally over his cockiness. She tugged her robe tighter, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You can use the shower before you go if you want. It's down the hallway to the left." Saylah notified, turning around and walking towards the door.

"Kicking me out already? Don't I get a cup of tea first?" Mason teased.

Saylah huffed slowly turning back around. "You want tea?" She asked. Eyebrow raised.

"Yes I do." He grinned.

"Don't need to bring it up, I'll come down." He pulled the sheets back, standing to his feet. Only in his boxers as he looked at Saylah.

Her eyes widened, quickly averting to the ground before her. Cheeks heating up. The faintest blush evident on her fair brown skin.

"Okay. I'll be downstairs." She spat out, immediately turning and practically running for the door. Closing it behind her.

Mason chuckled at her obvious flustered state. He began picking his clothes up off the floor to pull them back on.

Once dressed in the same clothes from the previous night, he made his way down the stairs. Making sure to observe Saylah's house as he did so. It was really nice. Big too.

He found her in the kitchen, kettle in hand as she poured the hot water into the mug he assumed was for him.

He took a seat at the kitchen island as he watched her. Replying to her question about how many sugars before gratefully accepting the tea, taking a sip.

"So, we should probably talk about last night." Mason drummed his hands on the counter. Saylah stood leaned against the cupboard opposite, her own mug in her hand as she looked at him expectantly.

"I'm not looking for a relationship. Not really a relationship guy." He started.

When she didn't respond he continued.

"I'm really sorry, I know you must be disappointed. I promise you it's me not you-"

He was cut off by Saylah's loud laugh that took him by surprise. She shook her head at him with an eye roll.

"I don't give a fuck about being in a relationship with you." She laughed mockingly.

"I don't want one either. Especially with you." She eyed him.

"And why's that?" He cocked an eyebrow. Amused smile on his lips. He liked her challenging attitude.

"Because mason mount. I know what you're like. Daily mails most prominently talked about footballer. New girl everyday. The nations hoe." She laughed.

He smirked, finger tapping his chin.

"I'm loved. What can I say?" He shrugged with a smirk.

Saylah did her third eye roll of the day as she looked at the smug boy.

"I wouldn't mind this happening again though." He stood walking over to where Saylah was. Leaning on the cupboard opposite hers.

"That's unfortunate seeing as it won't be happening again." She scoffed.

"You said that last time and look who woke up next to me." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"A subtle mishap." She shrugged and he chuckled.

"It's just sex Saylah. It's not that deep. You have needs...I have needs. It'll just be two friends helping each other out." He shrugged walking over to her. He towered above the 5'3 girl.

"We're not friends." She glared up at him.

"Yet." He winked.

Another eye roll was sent his way. She saw that as a re-occurring theme. Her eye rolling him whenever he spoke.

She bit her lip in deep thought. He technically wasn't wrong. And many people did this in this day and age.

"If we're going to do this, I want some rules." She demanded.

"I'm all ears." He shrugged with a smile,
leaning back.

"We both have to be gone first thing in the morning."

"Fine with that." He nodded.

"This has to be a secret. I don't want this on the shaderoom or some shit."

He laughed. "Yeah that wouldn't be fun."

"And lastly, we don't get all jealous and weird. It's just sex. And we're just friends!"

"Oh so we're friends now?" He smirked.

She screwed her face at him, unimpressed.

"No jealousy. Got it." He saluted with the signature wink of his.

"Good." Saylah smiled

"Well...honouring your first rule. I'm gonna get going." His Uber he had ordered was a minute away. He pushed off the counter, walking around it, back to his seat to pick up his tea.

Walking back over to Saylah he handed it to her. His hands brushing against hers briefly. All on purpose of course.

"Thanks for the tea, gorgeous." He smirked, turning around and heading for her door.

She watched him leave, him looking back one last time before making his way to his Uber.