31.

THEY'VE FALLEN.

SAYLAH'S nerves instantly kicked in as she looked out at the ice rink before her. She hadn't ice skated much but when she did (which was incredibly rare) she would cling onto the side like a cat would to a tree. Petrified to even move a muscle out of fear of falling and getting hurt.

Mason on the other hand was quite the experienced Ice skater. It was a family tradition to go every Christmas so as a kid he had slowly built up resilience on the ice so that he could be as good as he was now.

The experience with ice skating within mason's family was evident as his family immediately ran to the ring. Even mason's little nieces and nephew excited to get out there. They weren't good but they weren't fearful of the ice.

Saylah hung back from the group. Walking as slowly as possible to the ice. Hoping if she dragged out her movements long enough, all the time would be up and they'd have to return home before she got a chance to get onto the Ice.

However mason being quick to pick up on things, noticed Saylah hanging back. Taking small steps forward.

He smirked as he turned to walk towards her. Originally she had been next to him but had fallen back at some point, purposely.

"You good?" He asked with an amused smile. She was trying to act nonchalant about her nerves but mason was able to read her like a book. He could tell she was uneasy.

"Me? Fine! Absolutely fine! Amazing even. Super excited to ice skate. Can't wait to get out there honestly!" She babbled with an over-exaggerated smile that frankly looked a little scary.

"Nervous?" He laughed looking at her expectantly.

"A little." She waved a dismissive hand. Still trying to act nonchalant.

"You'll be fine. I'll help you." He assured.

He held her wrist gently pulling her forward so they could catch up with the rest of the group who were already sat, putting on their skates.

Mason grabbed both skates for him and Saylah. Putting his on first and then helping her with hers. Doing up the laces for Saylah as she nervously looked out at the ring.

Masons family were already on the ice when him and Saylah made their way to it. She stopped just outside gripping onto the edge.

"Actually...I can't do this." She rapidly shook her head. Breathing heavily.

"Saylah, you'll be fine. I've got you." Mason laughed.

"No!" She bit her lip nervously.

"I won't let you fall." He looked into her eyes seriously so she knew he wasn't joking.

"Promise?" She asked

"I promise!" He confirmed holding his hand out for her to take it. He had moved onto the ice already.

She shot him a little weary smile, placing her hand in his as he slowly pulled her onto the ice. She wobbled a little but he held her firmly. One hand around her waist the other holding onto her hand.

"Don't you dare let go!" She yelped feeling uneasy on the slippery ice.

Mason just laughed. Getting a flashback to when he had first taught her to ride a bike.

"Okay let's start slow. I'm gonna take my hand away from your waist and hold your hand instead so we can both skate together." He confirmed.

She nodded as he followed his own instructions. Once their new position was situated he looked over at her to check and see if she was okay.