$ 6 $

Not more than two hours have passed since I saw him, and guess what Adrian Martinez is already in my head. Especially, the image of him twitching of his sharp jawline when I asked a doubt, hadn't left my eyes.

"Jazmine!"

All you need is to ignore him, Jazmine. I trained my heart.

"Jazz!"

Next in the queue is my brain. Just shoo off from my head, Adrian Martinez! Mr. Cold shoulder.

"Miss Garcia!" I heard the triple-volume voice of my new colleagues.

"Oh...yeah...hmm..." I muttered with alarm looking at two of my colleagues. Christ and Aliyah stood in front of my desk in a quandary giving me an annoyed look.

"We were saying, why don't we go and have lunch?" Christ advised.

The employee cafeteria was on the first floor of the building. This is why Martinez Constructions was named the best company in the city. They provide free lunch to their employees.

As I stepped inside the cafeteria, my movements, my words, and my smile changed suddenly. Because my eyes discovered the presence of my new coming nightmare. Adrian.

He occupied the center table with a bowl of salad and a glass of juice in front of him. His secretary sat opposite him and was constantly conversing with him.

I don't know, how Andy is bearing him.

"Mr. Martinez eats in the employee's cafeteria," Christ muttered, astounded.

And to those astonishing words, an immediate praising reply came from her beloved sister, "Brother always stays down to the earth, but there are some people in this universe, who will never understand it." She darted a glare at me when she expressed her last words.

Though she loves me so much there is some part of her soul that still despises me to reject her brother's proposal. I did nothing but ignore her and walk to the buffet table.

Unexpectedly, I was lifted into the air from behind. "Oh, God!" I cried alarmed by the stunt undertaken by Carter, the second brother of Aliyah.

"Carter drop her down!" Aliyah demanded him.

He dropped me but still held me through my waist. Unintentionally, my gaze flew to Adrian. His eyes were on Carter, not in a normal form but glaring which shifted precisely on the contact of Carter's palms on my belly.

"Carter, stop acting unprofessionally. People are watching." Came an arrogant voice from his incensed-attitude brother.

He pulled his hands from my waist and lifted his hand as surrendered in the air and mumbled, "Sorry Big B," to him.

Carter is like my student since high school. Though he is two years older than me and in two classes higher compared to me, I used to help him with his assignments. Even at the University, I did his thesis, because of which he passed with good grades. For two years we hadn't met cause he was busy doing his master's. And it's been two months since he joined the company to help his elder brother.

When I found that there were other people also looking at us, I scolded him, "Carter that was unprofessional." I grabbed a plate from a table and stood behind my colleagues to fill my plate with the items offered in the buffet.

"You know what, I was surprised to see you in Martinez Constructions. I mean," he moved closer and whispered, "after what all happened between you and my Big B."

"Well, nothing happened between me and your Big B!" I whispered back. The other three of my colleagues filled their plates and went to sit at a table beside Adrian's.