$ 30 $

Adrian:

"No. I have no idea, what's wrong with her. However, I characterized her to be a complicated person," Adrian expressed to the female lying unconscious on the bed. She was connected to multiple machines and a ventilator. While she was in a coma, it was only one side conversation.

"I beseeched her last afternoon...that I would change and she said that she is gonna focus on her career instead of staying in a relationship with me." Adrian's eyes fell on the monitor displaying that fifty-year-old woman's pulse. He apprehended that whenever he spoke about Jazmine, that woman's pulse kept altering. When he shared this with her doctor, she said that maybe she liked hearing about his girlfriend's topic. Since then Adrian started to share about Jazmine with her. And wished that soon she would regain her consciousness.

"I am taking her to a party as my date, tonight. Do you assume, things will resolve between us after tonight?" he shared. Adrian tried to contemplate where and when he went wrong with her. But nothing seemed to be settled. "I want her. I badly want her." Adrian whispered more to himself.

After a few minutes, her doctor arrived to report the patient's present condition to Adrian. Which to his disappointment has been the same, for five years.

"Mr. Martinez, why don't you upload her picture on the internet? I am sure, when any of her family members see her they will approach you," the doctor suggested.

"Mrs.Steve only you and I know that she is the case of murder not just an accident. And I am afraid that the person who tried to kill her might approach her before her family."

Adrian knew only one thing about her: She was the nurse, who had taken care of his mother before his mother committed suicide. And only she knew who was behind his mother's suicide attempt.

***

Jazmine:

I have to sell my house to afford elegant dresses if I attend back-to-back parties. It was Friday evening and I was going through my wardrobe searching for one fine dress in my not more than twenty-five pairs of dresses wardrobe. Very less amount of dresses I have, don't I? 

Hardly a couple of hundred bucks would be remaining in my account at the end of every month which I would be using for the groceries of the following month. I am thankful for the pocket money I give to myself by using which I gift one dress per month. 

I should have denied Adrian from attending the party. Jealousy has landed me in a difficult situation now. He is gonna come in one hour and I can't just turn him on, now. Just when I was about to give up, my eyes caught a box resting on the lower rack of my wardrobe. 

I opened the rectangular box and saw a red dress. Holy moly! How did I forget about that dress? 

It was a red lacy cocktail dress that reached my knees. Uncle Kush gifted me this three years ago during Christmas. I wore that a couple of times, and then hid it to wear it on prom night, which I didn't attend. I never attend a party as a guest rather than a waitress. This party is gonna be big, if I don't dress well, it might dishonor Adrian. 

After an hour, I found myself in a very helpless situation where the zip of my dress was not willing to just come up. "Ok. Did my boobs grow so big in these three years?" I stopped behaving recklessly like the girl I am. If I damage the zip, I will be left with no option but to wear my childish dresses. 

Exactly at six in the evening, my phone beeped with a text message from my Boss. I have this mood swings of changing his name. I changed it to Adrian from villain when things were going romantically between us and now I saved as Boss since I decided to keep things professional between us.