$ 10 $

Spread in front of were Mom's gifts from Dad. Her nurse scrubbers, her stethoscope, and a couple of her gowns. My mom was a nurse and my dad worked as a receptionist in the same hospital. They always had a dream to make me a doctor.

She usually returns at morning eight after her night shift. But that day she never returned. On searching, cops found her car dumped in a sea and her body was missing. Hence, thereafter, the girl who couldn't even know to comb her hair started to work as a waitress in a small restaurant at the age of seventeen. While her father started to find it hard to live a life without his wife.

"Look at this one." My father showed me a black velvet backless gown. This was her engagement gown. "She looked marvelous."

"It is so beautiful." He showed me another couple of beautiful gowns. Her wedding gown, reception dress, and first-anniversary dress. Every dress appeared new and elegant.

"You will take them," he declared, adding. He stared at the dresses, "We waited enough–" my eyes turn red, "–she...she will never...come back!" I pulled him in a hug and cried out of my heart. "I want to see her in you, Jazmine!"

"Dad!" I rubbed his face, to wipe the tears away, "Can you give up on alcohol for me? Please!" He just gave a nod. "I know it's not that simple, but why don't you give your addiction a try?"

He thought for a couple of seconds.

"I...I will try." Though it didn't sound promising, it soothe my heart to hear. Atleast he started giving it a thought.

While I was having my lunch, I got a call from Carter.

As soon as I received the call, "You are my guardian angel," he shouted from the other side of the call. That was the code word for Jazmine, I need your help. Which he used back in the University.

"What do you want me to do?" I jumped on the topic.

"Can we meet, the task is so gross?"

"Fine, I will send you the address come over there in an hour." I texted him the library's address where I did my part-time job.

***

"So, this is sushi, this is Chinese, and this is pizza." Carter placed three boxes of three different cuisines beside his laptop. "And the task is, I want a one-floor Bangalow design to be finished by Sunday."

"That's the following day." He nodded, grinning at me, "Ok," I thought for a second and only the villain of Martinez Construction popped into my head. "What about your Big B?"

"Don't worry, he will not find it out."

"Ok, the task will be done."

"Oh! You are so incredible, Jaz," he whispered-yelled and leaned forward to kiss but I placed my hand on his chest, showing his limits. "I should know my limits."

"So, did you both end up having sex, the other night?"

"What?" I yelled.

"Jazmine!" The librarian shouted and placed her finger on her lips, which meant I have to maintain silence.

"You just get out of here," I whisper-demanded him.

"Relax, well you can call me if you have anything to know."

"Why can't you do this task by yourself, Mr. Carter Martinez?"

"Ok, I am going to break up with my girlfriend tonight and I just don't break up without sex."

****

Thanks to Carter, his task indeed helped me divert my mind from whatever happened last night which I don't remember. Though I don't remember anything it's enormously disturbing me and freaking my brains out.