$ 26 $

Dear Readers, Thank you for the 3k views. Keep reading and supporting my work.

"Here, it's from Mr. Martinez!" Theo informed handing me a bouquet of white lilies and blue orchids, that matched my dress perfectly. I smelled them and put them inside a vase filled with water.

"Shall we leave?" I asked and he opened the back seat door for me.

"Oh, yeah. Mr. Martinez told me to inform you that he might come a few minutes late to the party."

"Did he tell you the reason?"

"No."

I thought for a moment but then thought to ask him directly after he arrived at the party.

I reached the villa and was amazed to see the decorations. The last I entered inside was six years ago, on Ali's birthday. And since then I never stepped inside as I was busy with my studies and part-time job. Besides, I began to hate the way her father, Will Martinez used to glance at me. He was a weird man with peculiar expressions.

My eyes scanned the living room of Villa to find Aliyah. When I found her, her back was facing me, and she wore a maroon gown that had a side slight from her mid-thigh. Though it was too early, she was busy sipping the champagne from a glass.

"Miss Martinez."

"Huh!" She turned around and shrieked a cry, "Jaz!" Immediately, she pulled me in a tight hug and expressed her feelings, "I am so surprised, my love." Then she pecked on my lips unconcerned about people's gaze. She is a bold girl to do that in public even though she is determined by people's assumptions on sexuality.

"You didn't welcome me in this way, Aliyah," Christ approached from nowhere and teased her.

She rolled her eyes, and spat on him, "Shut up you stupid."

"Maybe Duke will be receiving such a welcome gesture from you," he mocked her.

It was the first time I saw Aliyah dropping her face when Duke's name popped up in mid of the conversation. "I received his message, and he is not coming," She voiced quite dejected. That's the reason for her to catch the alcohol so early tonight.

"Oh!" He exclaimed.

But immediately, she recovered her countenance and added, "I am very happy to see you both. Please make yourself comfortable. And promise me to drink and eat as much as you both want." Then she left to receive other guests.

"If I were Duke, I wouldn't have hurt her. Ever." Those words of Christ flabbergasted me. I always saw them bickering but I never thought him to be so thoughtful to her. "Do you want me to get you a drink?" He spoke immediately changing the aura. I nodded and he walked away. We had a glass of champagne. Still, Adrian hadn't arrived at the party. Watching me Mrs. Martinez approached, and Christ excused himself.

"How are you feeling now, dear?"

"I am fine. Thanks for asking. And Happy Anniversary, Mrs. Martinez." Subsequently, I complimented her, "You look so beautiful!"

She laughed with abashment and added, "And you look gorgeous too. I really wished..." she began but cut off with a sigh. "...but I know it's not gonna happen," she added immediately. Apprehending her words, I realized she was feeling remorseful about the cancellation of Adrian's and mine wedding. Though Adrian and I started a thing, I am not sure where it's gonna go. Will we stay together until the temptation between us fades or we are gonna be more?

I gave her a small smile before she meandered after excusing herself. Next in cue to approach me was Will Martinez. He gave me a disgusting smile and then took in my view. "You must have a granite heart, Miss Garcia. Even after all my words you are still in Martinez estate." Of course, I expected him to say that.