$ 18 $

Jazmine:

As soon as I left the hospital, Adrian's texts showered on my mobile.

Adrian: I am waiting for you.

Adrian: How could you leave me without informing, Jazmine?

I could determine how freaking he might be sounding to not find me in the hospital.

But I hated myself for a second. Why didn't I stand up for myself when his father blamed me to entice his son?

I am not some stupid slut or whore that he can easily babble or ramble stupid words to me. But his words did disesteem me. I feel like so an inferior, low, and greedy female.

I hate that man. I still doubt how Aliyah ended up being his daughter.

As the morning arrived, I received Adrian's first call which I had to ignore. And another call followed that one. Watching his caller Id, my eyes turn blur and a couple of tears escaped from my eyes.

I don't have any choice but rather ignoring you, Adrian. You have to stop making things hard for me.

Adrian: Jazmine, pick up your phone. I need to speak with you!

It's hard. I can't do this. Not after we had the most adorable moment in the hospital. Not after what Adrian elucidated to me. I loved his smell, his breath, the softness of his lips.

I pressed my eyes and cried. There is no end of drama in my life.

***

I somehow passed my time by shopping for some stuff for my dad. I usually replace his empty medicines with new ones on the second weekend of the month. After I was done we had dinner. Uncle Kush is leaving for New Jersey morning and tonight will be the last dinner we are having together.

"Jazmine," Uncle Kush started. "We have been watching you working all these years. So we both decided to give you some private time." I listened attentively to them. "We planned that Victor will come with me for a few days to New Jersey."

"I will help Kush in his work. And see my vitality of working."

"But I am managing, you don't need to work," I debated.

"I just wanted to support you, dear!" My father replied, which made me happy.

"But what about your health."

"I will take medications on time...and avoid drinking."

I hardly remember sitting alone and thinking about myself for years. So, I just agreed with their plan. "You will take care of yourself!" I informed him and he nodded, agreeing with me.

****

Uncle Kush and Dad left the following day morning. I wrote a mail to Andy stating I couldn't come to work and needed some rest. Apart from avoiding Adrian, I truly felt sick because the impact I received on my head, made me feel heavy-headed.

But something surprised me extremely. I presumed Henry Dalton was not serious about offering the junior architect position in his company. But here it is. I received a mail that stated the appointment date of my interview cum contract signing. And that is on this Friday.

I exhaled glowering at the mail. To speak factly, I was waiting for a chance to run away from Martinez Constructions. This should be my opportunity to escape from those mean people. Simultaneously I received calls from Andy and Ali. Andy asked about my health and Ali called to invite me to her parent's anniversary which I denied to attend. I can't face Will Martinez after he blamed me for it.