chapter fifteen

THE ENTIRE CONFUSION ARISES WHEN Penelope becomes unable to find information about Jane. That girl was either aware of how the system works, knowing that everything is recorded somewhere, or she simply lived without leaving many traces. In an age when the Internet and artificial intelligence are slowly but steadily taking over the entire human race, this is considered a very difficult job.

Jane was a mean girl; I wonder if she visited her parents - my father - all these years and learned these skills from them. She was also fearless and cunning, as she pulled this off without a hitch. Even when Spencer had a bad impression at the restaurant, no one else seemed to notice.

Maybe I should have listened to him, but I was too preoccupied with our date and ourselves.

JJ, Hotch, and Morgan went to their homes around 5 a.m. to get at least a few hours of sleep because they would need it. They were replaced by two new agents, Luke Alvarez and Tara Lewis, whom I had never met before. They were both sleep-deprived but perplexed by my presence - they had no idea who I was. Spencer kept me as his little secret for a reason, and it only made me appreciate him more.

"Do you think she's alone in this, ummm?" Luke inquired. "Ally," I introduce myself. "I believe so because there is no evidence that she has a boyfriend, and I have never made enemies."

"This is going to sound stupid, but were there any students in the lectures who were not like the other students? Someone must have been keeping an eye on both of you." He keeps asking questions as he tries to wash away all of Garcia's previous theses on the white board.

"People came because of Spencer, but it was resolved within a week and we all received our passes. So, no, the rest were students with whom I also had other subjects."

My soul had been sleeping for a long time, and my body was tense, but it was nothing compared to the tiredness I felt. We were supposed to spend Sunday in bed together, possibly with a few glasses of wine and a few cheeky actions. Jane, Karma is a bitch, and I'm working to be even bigger.

We spent the next two hours looking for Jane connections all over town. Spencer was obviously not in her apartment because there wasn't much to be found. If she worked as a waitress in that Italian restaurant, her salary would be average, leaving her with barely enough money after rent to rent another place. Only if she didn't have her own ways, or if she planned everything at the moment she switched places just a few days before.

"How many storage rooms and similar facilities exist? For rent or abandoned, perhaps in a district 35 miles from the abduction location? "After a long silence, I ask the question. Garcia painstakingly extracts all of the information with her deft fingers.
There is something, she exhales an excited sigh.

"There are about 20 abandoned buildings, most of which are bars, but there are many more storage rooms that look like garages. What do you think should come next, princess? ", she asked me sadly, and I, too, am at a loss for what to do next.

Fortunately, Tara takes my response and begins her own. "I'm not certain of the amount of time we have before she acts or Spencer knocks her off her feet," I shake my head at her words.

"She is not capable of killing; if she did, she would send us proof that she intends to harm him. She has a highly unstable personality, but she knows what she wants "I pause for a few moments. "She wants me to see it, she wants me to notice her," man, I'm her sister who had a slightly better life than she did.

A black-haired woman rushes into the meeting room keeps our attention. She's carrying a cardboard box with coffee and donuts in her hands, and I can tell by the expressions on other people's faces that this is their friend. "Oh, Emily, how I love you for showing up like that," Garcia exclaimed as she jumped into her arms.