chapter sixteen

THE SUN 'S RAYS PASSED THROUGH a small opening in Spencer's dark curtains; it was one of his strange habits - he never folded them but purposefully left a gap so that the sun would wake him up. I didn't want to complain, even though I wasn't a big fan of that kind of awakening.

I was in his arms; I'm not sure how we got together like that while sleeping, but I didn't mind. It was a little uncomfortable, and we slept very strangely.

"Hotch did the right thing by giving you a week off," I admit, and he stretches and takes his hands off my shoulders for a second. As he adjusts the visible bulge in his underpants, he moves one hand to his crotch.

"Mhmm, it's even better when you're right by my side all the time," he says clearly enough for me to smile. He draws me back to him, but this time I feel a prick from him. I'm not in the mood for morning sex, and he's not either, because we both gave it our all last night. We need time to recharge the batteries, but Spencer's toy appears to have a backup generator that was running at full power.

Warm and wet kisses are scattered all over my neck, as if he is asking me to completely surrender to him and turn to him. I don't want to because the kisses are so good. I want to be selfish and enjoy neck kisses, which are my weakness. Now I can feel my crotch waking up, and a small pool is forming on my panties.

My body is too tired for another sex, especially since I know my vagina is inflamed from rough sex and several intense orgasms in the previous 12 hours.

"Spence…" I sigh, feeling him cling to me, as if he wants to be completely close to me. "We were last night, give us some time to recover," I bemoan, but to no avail.

"Come on, baby, I know you like this," Spencer begged, trying not to moan. I'm not sure where he got the strength for this, but his hormones were working like he was still in his twenties.

I break free from his embrace during his inattention, then go to the bathroom to clean myself up.

I stood in front of the mirror, wearing a t-shirt three sizes too big, with messy hair that told its own story. I even had mascara under my eyes and looked railed. That I am.

Soon after, the reason for my appearance entered the bathroom with me, with a proud smile on his face and still a big situation in his underpants. Is he ever able to relax?

"You seem to to be... mine! You look stunning, "he says as he wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder. Spencer was one of a kind, and I adored the two fighting personalities that would emerge; the tender side of him and the horny, domineering side.

I rinse my mouth with water while carelessly leaving my toothbrush in the cup where his is, and then I turn to kiss him on the lips. It was only enough for my touch to reactivate it.

"Mmmm," he mumbled, drawing my arms closer to him. "One more time," he says, implying another kiss, and I plant another on his lips.

"More," he said as I repeated the previous action a few more times. He's so desperate now that he's the polar opposite of how he was the night before.

When I look at the time, I realize it's time to go to the post office to send Owen a package for his thirty-first birthday. I quickly change into something comfortable, nothing too fancy, and take the keys from a decorative bowl.

"I expect you to be calm and have two cups of coffee on the table when I return," I yell through the apartment, chasing the sneakers I left somewhere. "I'll get us croissants for breakfast!!" I exclaim as I shut the front door.

It's now up to chance whether I'll get caught in the crowd or not. Unfortunately, I proved to be a complete loser because 10 a.m. was the worst possible time to go somewhere. I despise waiting and crowds; I have no patience for them, despite the fact that we all do the same thing in the world because we have to.