chapter nineteen

SPENCER'S, ER- OUR PLACE was in disarray; clearly, cooking together wasn't the best thing to do with the limited time we had left. Our guests are due to arrive in an hour, and our main course is still being prepared; it's all Spencer's fault; his math was incorrect when it came to food preparation.

Spencer reasoned that one quick sex would be insignificant in the midst of today's stress. Our room smelled of sex, of several days of relentless sex, and the bathroom had to be rebuilt with my belongings. Everything was scheduled to be finished by noon, but Mr. Genius had other intentions.

"Get out of there and do something else!" Set the table and place the plates and silverware," I slap him on the hand when he does the same thing as me.

Spencer snorts several times and grabs a fresh set of plates that I forced him to purchase so that we all have the same plates. "And arrange it nicely, don't make me have to correct you, we don't have time, because of you!" I yell from the kitchen, and he appears next to me in a few seconds.

"It's your fault for the sex," he retorted fiercely. "You walk around naked in the apartment and expect me to keep my hands to myself!"

"I was naked because I was about to take a shower, but you put me back in bed for 40 minutes, you can't keep him in your underwear for at least a day," I say calmly as I remove the béchamel sauce from the stove and begin placing the lasagna ingredients in some order.

"Because you don't want me to keep him in my underwear, we should introduce no sex until marriage - you'll be the one to jump me," she says, her eyes widening.

"You're overdoing it," I say when I hear his stringent measures. "I knew you couldn't resist us," he smirked as he hurried away from me to avoid being attacked with a ladle of béchamel sauce.

"You'll get yours when we have time for those things," I say, before hearing my phone's alarm go off 40 minutes before they arrive. So I planned to bake the lasagna and use the rest of the time to clear up and put away some things that were just getting in the way.

"Just tell me you got new silverware for this and not those old knives in the drawer... please, I want this to be a nice gathering and you know how much I care about those details," When I understand I can be a true monster who wants to be some control freak, I say a little sadly. That's exactly what I am right now: a simple control freak with a condition.

"Don't worry, I replaced everything." I'll keep the food, you get ready, and we'll switch, I'll fetch the wines out of the pantry," he kissed my forehead before placing one hand on my ass. Just a few seconds later, I feel a stinging feeling as the monkey dares to spank my bottom.

"This is for you because you yelled at me for having sex, and we both know you're a horny creature as well."

We accomplished everything we set out to do in forty minutes, and we even had three minutes left to come to our senses and give back a little. During those forty minutes, we reconciled, burying the hatchets for the day because it wasn't worth arguing about in the end.

"Everything is perfect, love," he adds as he pulls me in closer. I smile at his gesture; I had missed his touch throughout these few hours of pandemonium.

"They'll like the atmosphere you've chosen," he says. Penelope, who had been among the first to arrive, soon joined us.

Everyone arrived over the following half hour; the flat had never seen so many people in it, and it looked incredibly noisy, but it also seemed full and cheerful. We talked about more upbeat issues, and everyone avoided discussing the cause for this dinner - Spencer's leaving.

It suited him as well; it made him appear fragile, and he despised the fact that others perceived him that way. So there was a fantastic opportunity, and on top of that, they were talking about me joining their team. Everyone was happy of me; I felt like a small girl doing something for the first time, with everyone cheering me on. This is how I got it from Louis and Owen; it was a lot at the time, but I never expected this.

"Just to change the subject for a moment, Spencer, I was in the bathroom and noticed an enormous amount of women's stuff in your bathroom..." Emily starts the story, and we both choke on our drinks.

"Either Ally comes here frequently or you live together - if the latter, I'll be seriously offended because you didn't tell anyone about it," so I feel guilty because we keep practically all the good news private while only the negative news reaches them.

"So, which story is correct?" Penelope also spoke up.

"Um... I was going to tell you, but things became tough, those last instances were incredibly difficult, and then...", Spencer began his rambling but was quickly cut off when they realized he was only stalling.

Derek remarked, "You're lucky you've grown on us all, or we'd be kicking you right now!" "I certainly congratulate you on moving in," he added.

All of this amazes me; based on a few things in the man's apartment, they realized we'd been living together for a while?! These profilers are extraordinary.