Chapter 15: Obsessed.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

This fair well party turn out is fucking ridiculous.

Luke threw a party at this same pool house last year but it was invites only.

Cassie on the other hand opened the door right open and told everyone to come in and party their assess off.

I didn't think I'd like this party being thrown in my name but then again no one has ever done anything like this for me and I gotta admit, it's quite nice.

"You and Cassandra need to date for real, I'm fucking serious." Diego tosses the little white ball into one of the red cups on my side of the ping-pong table.

I heave a sigh.

"I think this is the first time you're approving my relationship with someone and it's not even a real relationship." I pick up the cup and I chug the drink, retrieving the ping-pong ball from the bottom afterwards.

"Well no one's ever thrown a blast like this for you so yeah, I approve." He nods.

"Fucker." I mutter, throwing the ball at him but he dodges it, laughing.

Blair joins in from nowhere, she wraps her arms around Diego and kisses him on the lips.

I think they're doing that no strings attached thing, which is actually a good thing considering the fact that Diego believes in one night stands.

He'll never admit it but he really likes Blair.

"Hey, baby." He greets when she pulls away, I snort a laugh.

"Don't be disgusting." She punches his shoulder playfully then looks at me, "Hey, Jace."

"Hey, Blair." I plaster a warm smile, "Wanna play with him while I go fetch a real drink?" I ask.

"Sure, why not." She shrugs, walking to this side of the table.

That puts a smile on Diego's face which is a little strange cause I've never seen him smile over a girl before.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." I say as I walk passed him.

"I'll try." He responds, patting my shoulder.

Pushing my way through the crowd, greeting people, trying to put a real smile on my face. It's all a little too heavy.

I don't want these people to celebrate me, I'm not dead, hell, I'm not even a fucking football legend.

I'm just Jace, the guy who's never gonna play football ever again.

God, that's so fucking sad.

I turn the corner to the living, searching for Cass cause she kinda disappeared on me.

I feel someone grasp my varsity jacket from behind me, I snap my head to look.

Olivia.

"Hey." She says, my eyes drop to her hand still fisting my jacket, "Can we talk?" She looks around the place nervously.

I remember that look from the costume party, the look of fear and nervousness and discomfort.

"No, not really." I brush passed her, wandering through all the drunk people.

Rude, I know but hey, I'm the one that got played.

I open a door to the downstairs bathroom and I let out a frustrated growl.

I stride to the floor to ceiling windows, shoving my hands in my front pockets as I overlook all the wild and reckless teens, having their fun.

I'm usually the one having that much fun but this year has been shit so far, or maybe this is what growing up feels like.