Chapter 21: Antidote.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

Olivia drank three beers and started stuttering and giggling.

Beer doesn't do it for me so I got myself something stronger, the bench got really cold so we moved to the back of Diego's car.

Olivia is telling me a story about the first time she talked to Diego while I'm taking large gulps from the liquor bottle in my hand and studying every movement she's making.

We had that moment, the moment where we told each other our big, darkest fears then she told me she broke up with her boyfriend.

I don't know what we are doing right about now but I don't care, this is worth it, she's worth it.

Like on instinct, I bring my hand to her ponytail, pulling the scrunchie and releasing her hair.

She stops talking because of it, I slip the scrunchie on my wrist, taking another long sip, "Continue."

She rakes her fingers through her hair and and shakes her head at me with an amused smile.

"Why didn't you tell me we had met before? At that costume party last year?" I finally ask.

"Why didn't you remember?" She fires back.

"You were wearing a wig." I defend.

"Your friend Matt remembered me, infact, he called me Sabrina for that entire week." She giggles at the memory.

"Asshole." I mutter underneath my breath, "I'm sorry I didn't remember you." I tell her.

She faces me, a sad smile playing on her lips.

"It's okay, I didn't want you to anyway." She shrugs, I crease my forehead.

"Why though? Not having someone you have a crush on notice you sucks ass but you make it sound okay." I say.

"What can I say, one sided love is perfect." She leans her head against the headrest, eyes on me.

"And yet, here you are." The words come out as a whisper.

"Here I am." She smiles, looking passed me outside the window like someone is approaching.

"Hey, love birds, you ready to go?" Diego gets into the driver's seat and Blair joins in shortly afterwards.

"Oh." Blair stares back and forth between Olivia and I.

"Yeah." Olivia responds to Diego's question.

Diego starts the car and a Dua lipa song blasts from the speakers, Olivia tells me Dua lipa is her favorite artist, I tell her my first wet dream was about Dua lipa which makes her laugh.

"Who's your favorite artist?" She asks me, our shoulders brushing.

"I don't have a favorite artist or a favorite color, or a favorite movie, or any of that kind of stuff." I answer honestly, lifting the bottle to my mouth.

"You're weird." She giggles, trailing her index finger on the side of my face.

"And you're drunk." I state the obvious, she doesn't respond, she moves her finger to my chin then my lower lip, parting it from it's partner.

"You have really soft lips." She looks dazed, drunk, lost in lust.

"Thanks?" I ache my brows, holding in my laugh.

"It wasn't a compliment." She shakes her head, biting her lip as she stares at mine.

"You're such a bad girl when you're drunk." I lean over till our faces are close, close enough to taste each other's breaths, closer enough to kiss.