Chapter 44: SORRY.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

The drama.

The fights.

The scolding.

The hard training.

The excitement.

The laughter.

The meaningless relationships.

It's all over in just one day.

As I watch all the seniors run wild with excitement, ripping pages out of their notebooks and littering them around because whatever is on there has officially become useless to all of us, my thought is, what was the point? What was the point of high school?

"School's out forever, bitches!" Matt screams in my ear and his girlfriend Daisy squeals after him.

I push his face away from my personal space.

"Fucking finally!" Diego responds to Matt with the same energy.

"Did you guys hear about the last party ever?" Whispers Daisy as she wraps her hands around Matt's arm.

"What party?" Diego sounds just as lost as I am.

"Dunkin dumbass Dickinson is throwing a graduation party at his cabin tomorrow night," Says Matt with an eye roll.

"Yooo, his fucking cabin is sick!" Diego slaps my chest with the back of his hand.

"Yeah but it's up on cove road, it always rains up there and drunk over excited teenagers driving isn't a story I want to see on the news a day after my graduation," I say.

"Fine, be a pussy," Matt laughs and I sent him a glare.

"Oh c'mon, Jace, it's gonna be fun, it's a graduated-seniors-only type of thing, you're gonna love it," Daisy claps her hands and bites her lip in over excitement.

"So what do you do to the non graduated seniors?" Asks Diego.

"Bad bad things," Matt spanks his girlfriend's ass, I scrunch my face and scoff at them.

"Damn, I wanna spank some," Diego pushes off the wall.

"Fuck off, she's mine," Matt playfully shoves Diego's chest and leads Daisy away from us.

"I feel like we're going to be receiving invitations to their wedding in a few years from now," Says Diego as we watch their retrieving backs.

"Ours too," Blair appears with Cass, Diego and Blair immediately get disgusting with their mouths and I'm forced to stare at Cass.

"Don't look at me, I'm too fruity for marriage," she stands beside me and wrinkles her face at our friends, the face she makes makes me chuckle.

"Hey guys, Jace can we talk?" Someone stands in front of us.

Olivia.

Everyone is quiet, probably waiting for me to say something or waiting for her to take the hint and run before they start spitting out their thoughts.

I don't know why but I feel this weird urge to protect her from them. I shouldn't be feeling that way right now, she's no longer my problem.

I'm about to break the silence when a random girl appears from nowhere, fists my shirt and slams her lips on mine.

She peels away and glances into my eyes.

I recognize her but I don't know her name.

"Shit, I've always wanted to do that!" She shouts in my face for some reason, "God, you're so hot," She pecks my lips again and then literally runs off.