Chapter 26: Complicated.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

High school will devour every little drama and make it the hottest topic of the week.

Diego and I are the hottest topic of this week and we're getting all the fucking attention, aside from that, people are convinced that I'm in a serious relationship with Cassandra Richardson.

How did this happen?

Oh, well, whenever one asks around why I did what I did to that person's car, the name Cassandra Richardson is mentioned in every response, and of course I couldn't have done something like that for a friend, so they concluded that we're in a romantic relationship.

Which is going to be complicated now that I have a real girlfriend.

I wanna kiss Olivia all the fucking time, I wanna hold her hand, laugh in the hallways before class, take her for a ride on my motorcycle but I can't do all those things if the world around has already put me in the hands of another girl, not to mention the fact that Cass is a fucking celebrity, me being seen with another girl two days afterwards will be like starting a war with her fans and by fans I mean every girl who's gonna use girl code to come after Olivia and bully her into breaking up with me.

And we do not want that to happen, now, do we?

I stare at Olivia from across the cafeteria, she's sitting with a redhead, I don't know if they're friends or just classmates but Olivia looks bored.

I told her to come sit with us earlier but she declined, she doesn't want our relationship to be public, not because of the whole Cassandra situation, no, but because she doesn't want to have all the attention.

I understood that, once I start dating someone, people start paying attention to them and what they do, sometimes I think that's why they dated me in the first place.

I love that Olivia doesn't want that, that she doesn't like the attention that most girls would sell their souls for.

Someone stands in front of me, blocking my view of Olivia.

My eyes raise to this person's face.

Cassandra.

She looks pissed off.

"Oh-oh." Diego whispers beside me.

"Can we talk?" She folds her arms over her chest.

"Yeah." I withdraw the empty chair next to me, gesturing for her to sit on it.

"In private." She jerks her head to the side, pointing to the cafeteria exit.

"Ooow." Matt, Blair and Diego tease in union while Daisy giggles, Cass rolls her eyes at them.

"Shut the fuck up, all of you." I scrunch my face at their cringe-childish reactions before standing and walking with Cass, I hear Diego making wolf noises behind us which draws a lot of attention to us.

I see Harriet Jensen pull out her phone to... I don't know, film us?

The fuck?

I show her the finger, smiling.

We make it out of there in one peace and that's when Cass grabs my hand and drags me into the empty classroom across the hall.

She shuts the door behind us and paces the room, gripping her hair with both hands then settling them on her hips.

Okay. So she's mad mad.

"Why are you panicking?" I lean against the wall beside the door, crossing my leg over the other.