Chapter 24: Crazy.

Three years ago.

Jace's POV.

It's been a week since the incident with Olivia happened, we haven't talked or crossed paths since then, I mean I did see her from a distance at school and I caught her staring at me in the cafeteria on Wednesday but that was it.

She probably thinks I lost interest after... That night but that's not the case, I just don't know how to look into her eyes after what happened, it was too brutal.

"Hey, man, Angelo says you need to show your ass at the races one of these days." Diego snaps me out of my thoughts, passing me an opened bottle of beer.

Blair wanted to meet both of us at the drive-in cinema, she was being pretty mysterious about it but my guess is, she likes it when I third wheel.

"I need to fix those brakes first." I take the beer from his hand, swinging a sip, most of the people here are watching the movie from inside their cars but Diego and I are outside, leaning against the hood of his car and drinking the beer he stole from his Mum's new boyfriend.

"I can help you work on them tomorrow morning." He suggests.

"By help, you mean stand there and rant about chicks the entire time." I plaster an amused smile.

"No, just one chick, singular." He emphasizes.

"Okay, that's it, I'm calling it." I threaten.

"No, don't you dare." He points a warning finger at me.

"Pussy whipped." I declare.

"Damnit." He looks elsewhere, I chuckle at his reaction.

"You are, and I think that's a good thing, Blair makes you happy." I pat his shoulder, he turns his head to me and sighs.

"Fuck, man, she does, whenever she's around it's like the world just slows down for a bit, like everyone is moving faster than we are but we don't care and when we have sex it's like I want that moment to not be over but even when it's over, it's so beautiful and overwhelming and-"

"I think I'm gonna throw up." He's cut off by a familiar voice behind me, we both turn our heads to look.

Cassandra and Blair.

Deja Vu.

Blair just heard her friend-with-benefits talk about her like he's a cliché male character from Bridgerton.

Well, that's not awkward at all.

Aside from that....

Cass is back.

"There she is." I smile at her.

"Is that how you welcome your girlfriend?" She playfully rolls her eyes at me.

I push myself off the car, walking towards her and wrapping my arms around her small waist, lifting her off the ground.

"I'm gonna go get some snacks." Says Blair beside us before turning around and rushing off, she seems... Struck.

"Shit!" Diego jogs after her.

"How was New York?" I ask her, scrunching my face in disgust at the couple that's nearly fucking in the car next to us.

"Ew." Cass holds my hand and leads me to the front of Diego's car, away from the scene, "New York truly is the the best city in the world." She responds to my previous question.

"Agree to disagree," I lift a shoulder, "You look good though." My eyes take in every inch of her body, she's wearing a white backless dress that barely covers her ass with black thigh-high boots.