...

But there's more to her than meets the eye.

Mariya loves with all her heart. She'd die for her family

and friends, and that kind of loyalty is rare in our world. She's stubborn, but that's a turn-on for me. The more she snubs me, the more I want her.

But what I love most about her is that she's always direct.

The woman doesn't play games, and that's so fucking

refreshing

I have to make her love me, which is a problem because I've never seen Mariya date. I have no idea what she finds attractive and what she hates.

I can't ask Viktor because he'd probably try to kill me for even thinking romantically about his sister.

If only I knew where her mind's at, it would help a great deal.

"We're going to Vegas this weekend. You want to come? I could use the company while babysitting Mariya and Violet."

A smile spreads over my face. "Sure. The break will do me good."

We walk out of the gym, and I head to the guestroom I

used to change out of my suit.

Grabbing the back of my sweat-soaked shirt, I tug the fabric over my head. Just as I turn the corner, someone slams into my chest. Instinctively my arms come up, and I grab hold of a pair of slender shoulders.

As I look down, Mariya's eyes widen as she stares at my chest, one of her hands firmly planted on my abs.