...

"I love Mariya," I get the most crucial detail out in the

open.

Viktor crosses his arms over his chest. "Since when?"

"It's been a couple of years. We were focused on work, so I kept it to myself until I could offer her everything she deserved."

He nods. "What happened Friday night?"

"Mariya got drunk." I square my shoulders. "We were walking when she spotted a chapel. She wanted to get married, and I took the chance." When Viktor takes a threatening step in my direction, I hold up a hand. "Hear me out."

Anger tightens his features as he growls, "You have one minute."

"I love Mariya. I'll treat her like a queen, Viktor. You know this. Also, she admitted she loves me too." Surprise flutters over his face. "She did?"

I wisely leave out the part that she was drunk when she

said it.

"Yes. Mariya loves me."

He stares at me for a moment, then shakes his head. "You

can be so fucking glad we're best friends."

Having dodged a bullet, I let out a breath of relief. Viktor gives me a look of warning. "If you ever break my sister's heart, our friendship is over. I'll kill you."

"You'll have to get in line," I mutter.

"Fine," he chuckles. "I'll finish off whatever's left over after Uncle Alexei's done with you."

I reach out a hand to my friend. "We're good?"

He takes it. "Yeah, we're good."

The door to my office opens, and Marco comes bursting in. "I've gathered the men. The Albanians are heading our way."

"What?" Viktor asks. "I thought you took care of them in Europe"