Chapter 21

Mariya

After spending the most incredible night of my life with Luca and sleeping in his arms, I'm bummed when he leaves for work.

I go to the closet to unpack the rest of my belongings. It keeps me busy for a couple of hours, but once I'm done and staring at my clothes hanging opposite Luca's, the worry starts to gnaw at my heart.

As mindblowing as the sex was, it doesn't mean Luca's falling in love with me.

After I got to experience him in such an intimate way, I now fear the annulment. I'm just going to continue to fall more and more in love with him, and when it all ends, the heartache will be unbearable.

What if he can't return my feelings?

What if when the six months are up, he decides it was fun,

but it's over?

Dear God, how will I survive the blow?

Panic seizes my chest, and it has me grabbing my purse and rushing out of the bedroom, where I gave too much of myself to Luca.

Hurrying down the stairs, I pull my phone out and send Luca a message that I'm going to visit my parents.

I leave the apartment as if hellhounds are nipping at my heels. The moment I step into the basement, Ivan and Lev climb out of the SUV.

"We're going to my parents' house," I tell them.