...

Tingles spread over my skin. My heart beats faster, my breaths growing shallow. "What will you miss out on?" His tone is patient and even

a little caring.

"Everything. The romance. Dating. All the firsts that go hand-in-hand with falling in love. The proposal. Planning the wedding with my mom. Having my dad walk me down the aisle. Violet being my bridesmaid. The reception." I sigh, my shoulders dropping. "And so much more. The list is endless."

He stares at me for a moment, then reaches for my hand. Just like earlier, there's a spark when his fingers wrap around mine.

"You can still have it all."

My eyes drift over his handsome face. "You'll agree to an

annulment?"

Yes, I love him, but I'm not willing to torture myself by staying in a marriage where he doesn't love me. In a perfect world, Luca would fall head over heels for me, he'd romance the ever-loving shit out of me, and we'd live happily ever after.

But the real world is far from perfect, and I'm starting to suffer from all the whiplash because part of me is hanging on to the mustard seed of hope that Luca will suddenly fall for me, while the other half knows it will never happen.

"No," he answers, unwilling to see things from my point of view.

I start to pull my hand free from his, but he tightens his hold and says, "We can date over the next six months. I'll

propose to you, and we'll have a wedding with our friends and families."