...

He chuckles, then asks, "How long will Mariya be out

for?"

I walk back into the room and check with the nurse, then tell Viktor, "Anything from four to eight hours."

"That's enough time to get you showered and fed. Let's

go." I hesitate for a moment, and it has Viktor throwing his

arm around my shoulders. "Come on. You're going to need your strength." I spend the drive home checking all my messages, and the moment I walk into the apartment, it doesn't feel like home.

That's because your home is lying in a hospital bed.

"Shower while I fix you something to eat," Viktor says.

I head upstairs, and walking into the closet, I stop and stare at Mariya's clothes. I take hold of a silk blouse and press it to my face, so I can inhale her scent.

It has a calming effect on me.

I strip out of my suit, and walking into the bathroom, I open the faucets in the shower. When I step beneath the spray, I brace my hands on the tiled wall and bow my head so the water can hit the back of my neck, where the muscles are tightly coiled.

I close my eyes and let the memories of the three days I had with Mariya fill my thoughts.

Fuck, I'd give anything to have a fight with her right now because it would mean she didn't get kidnapped and tortured.

It would mean she's healthy and not in a fuck-ton of pain.

Christ, I wish I could turn back time.

My thoughts turn to the two gangs. The stupid fuckers have no idea what kind of hell they've unleashed on themselves.

Letting out a sigh, I wash my body. My actions are automatic as I go through my routine, my mind constantly jumping between Mariya and the gangs.