17. Date Night

The next day at starlabs.....

Barry arrives at starlabs bringing coffee to Cisco and Caitlin as always. He was happy today. Caitlin had agreed for the date with him.

Barry: Hey Cait. Hey Cisco.

Caitlin: Hi Barry!

Cisco: Hi! You look happy today! So, who's the girl Barry.

Caitlin rolls her eyes towards Cisco and then Barry.

Barry: What!

Cisco: I can read your face Barry. It's very easy! So, who's the lucky girl.?

Barry: That's a secret Cisco!

Cisco: Oh yeah Ok! But I can guess.

Cisco rolls his eyes towards Caitlin who was blushing then towards Barry who was staring at Caitlin. Then the alert went off.

Cisco: Armed robbery at Central City Bank.

Barry: On, it!

Then Barry speeds to the bank. Where he took down all the arms from the robbers in a flash. Then Joe enters the bank.

Joe: Thanks Flash!

Barry nods his head. Then returns to Starlabs..

Cisco: Woah! That was fast !

Caitlin: That's a new record Barr!

Cisco rolls his eyes again when she called him Barr.

Cisco: Yeah! You are getting fast.

Barry: Yeah! That was easy.

Then there were small robberies here and there.

Time skip- 5pm

Barry: I am leaving early today guys.

Cisco: Ok, good luck for your date.

Barry: Come on! Is that too obvious!

Cisco: Yes! Now go untill your girlfriend kill me.

He says eyeing Caitlin.

Barry: Ok Guys bye! See you tomorrow Cisco!

After 30 minutes...

Cisco: Don't you have to go. I know its too early but you can help him.

Caitlin: What do you mean?

Cisco: Caitlin! You think I am dumb. I know you and Barry are having a thing.

Caitlin: What!

Cisco: Now go before he kills me!

Caitlin: It's too early Cisco!

Cisco: Go have fun Caitlin! It's been a long time since I saw you happy!

Caitlin: Thanks Cisco. Bye.

Cisco: Bye Caitlin.

Then Caitlin left starlabs and she went to her apartment. She showered and started searching for a perfect dress to wear. She finally got one it was similar to the karaoke dress but this was red coloured. She knew Barry's favorite colour was red.

Time: 6:30pm

Caitlin arrived at Barry's loft. She knocks the door.

Barry: Coming Cait!

Then he opens a door and he was frozen after seeing Caitlin. She looked beautiful.

Caitlin: What happened? Anything wrong?

Barry: No nothing! You look perfect and beautiful Cait.

Caitlin: You look good to !

Barry: Well, come in!

She enters the house and smell of food reached her nose.

Caitlin: That smells good. What are you cooking.

Barry: Basically a normal dinner! Rice, Grilled chicken and salad. It's still cooking.

Caitlin: Can I help you?

Barry: Sure!

Then Caitlin started cutting vegetables for the salad. Barry was just staring at her. He came behind her and hugged her and layed a kiss on her head.

It was dinner time, both of them sat near the table eating and talking about their lives. How it has changed. After the dinner they were sitting together cuddled up in the couch watching a movie.

Barry: I Love you Cait!

Caitlin: I love you too Barr!

They then shared a passionate kiss and started to make out. After the end of the movie both were feeling sleepy so Caitlin decided to go to sleep. She also requested Barry to sleep beside her as he was too sleepy. They cuddled in his bed and both fell asleep.

(Author: Sorry for the late update. I was busy with somethings and I think I may or may not be available for a week or so. So forgive me for that. So coming back to the story, it is coming to an end I may write 2 or 3 chapters and end it. Yes, this was a short story. I want to write a big story next, I have some Ideas in my mind so be ready for that.)

Thank you 😊 💓 ☺️......