⌛ Twenty Six ⌛

Ever since Namjoon discovered his best friend's been seeing Jimin almost everyday to practice a song with his piano, the guilt of seeing Jin disappeared. Sure, he still kept the secret about it but it no longer was a torture to his mind. Not big enough to stop at least. And honestly, how could he ever stop? If every second next to that Jin was more exciting than anything ever. The rich boy is definitely an unique kind of person. He always manages to make Namjoon laugh and whenever he would listen to the songs Namjoon's writing he would support him non-stop.

They've been going out for a few weeks already and Namjoon's starting to get used to his presence. Their dates can start in the middle of the day when they run away from class or in the middle of the night when Jin seems to escape his father. Thankfully, Yoongi's been too distracted to pay attention to his best friend disappearing from class every now and then. And since Namjoon had to follow Jin's rule to never text him first for some reason, he's been getting used to flirting in person and not through text. That only made things harder for his heart but it's not like he's complaining.

Everyday he learns something new about the boy that's slowly stealing his heart. Not only they have the best time and chemistry in the world but Namjoon finds himself enjoying every little detail about him. Like how much he loves to try new food despite insisting he should go on a diet. Or how he's always obedient enough to go back home early and yet pout and complain as he does so because he wants to stay a little longer. It's been a long time since that party where they ended up doing it in the car. And the spark is still there, burning just as strong as it did that night.

- Hey! Stop daydreaming! - Tae calls Namjoon's attention - You're supposed to go to class!

- Jesus, sorry dad!

Taehyung loses his words of how weird that sounds. He just wants his father to hurry up and go to class where he'll see Jin again. Namjoon's been all morning complaining about how he didn't get a text from the boy last night after he left and maybe if they meet in person again he can relax. But sadly that's not what happens at all. During the whole day, no message is received by Namjoon. Hell, Jin doesn't even show up for class.

The next day, the same thing happens. By the third day, Namjoon is tired of waiting. They had a great night last time they met. So there's no reason why he would suddenly ignore him. Something bad must've happened. Putting aside any warning Jin's ever given him about getting near his home, Namjoon decides not to pay attention to it now. He walks up to that big house in the rich neighborhood and knocks loudly on the door. When it opens, a tall man stands in front of him with a serious expression.

- We don't wanna buy anything. Goodbye.

- Hey! I'm not here to sell anything! I need to talk to Jin. I have no news from him sinc-

- Who do you think you are to stand at my door and ask for my son?

- I'm your son's...friend.

- Yeah, I can imagine your intentions with him. Get out of here.

- Not until you tell where he is!

The man rolls his eyes hating the conversation. He looks inside for a moment only to look back at Namjoon with a smirk on his face. Happiness doesn't look pretty on that man.

- My son left this week for a project out of town. Too bad he didn't remember to tell you. Now get out of my sight.

Namjoon can't answer anything before the door closes almost hitting his nose. Frustrated, he breaks Jin's number rule. He texts first. And to his surprise he gets an answer almost instantly. Jin's words sound so different they only manage to make him angry.

"I don't have time to give you updates about my life. I'm busy"

After all this days running away together and those nights he spent making Jin his, this is his answer? He can't deal with it. Feeling angry with himself after getting worried over someone that clearly doesn't give a shit, Namjoon decides to forget about it the best way he knows how. Partying. He has fun with his friends ignoring the way his stomach drops everytime he reads that text again. And not only that night. The following days that's all he can focus on not to face how much this is hurting.

A week later, someone knocks on his door. Namjoon is ready to see Tae come in to convince him he should talk to Jin again or maybe Yoongi visiting to tell him about the non-dates he's been having with Jimin. But as soon as he opens the door, that sad feeling takes over him and almost immediately turns into anger.

- What are you doing here, Jin? Back from your trip?

- T-Trip? Ah, Joonie I've been missing-

- You don't need to pretend, bro. I got it the first time. Hope you had fun.

- Namjoon...

- Oh, nonono. You have no right to look at me that way! You disappeared for A WEEK. And if it wasn't for your dad I would have no idea where you were!

- I'm sorry...

- Oh, you don't have to worry because you know what's the best part? You don't need to say sorry. Because there's nothing to be sorry about. We're nothing. We never were.

Jin is pretty much leaning on the door frame for support. His big sweater is covering his body and he seems tired and sleepless. But Namjoon can't focus on that. He's too upset to realize he almost looks like he's gonna collapse. Jin decides not to argue. He simply nods with tears in his eyes before walking away. On his way out he doesn't even notice Tae is walking past him. But the younger does. And he's not gonna let Namjoon hurt his father on this timeline as well. Not without getting a piece of his mind first...

Next Chapter

One minimum error from anyone and you would hate them your whole life!

...if you were my son, I would be very proud of you

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes~ Sorry it took me forever T.T at least it's finally here! The Namjin drama ✨ and there's more to come

Next one it's time for Tae to shine so be ready for that! I'll see you soon

- Baby Y

P.S: I just got a new job and I'm a little all over the place with the updates! Hopefully I'll get back to normal soon!