⌛ Thirty Seven⌛

Inside Jimin's house there's only a few people left. Yoongi is still sitting at the table despite the fact that his husband is now gone. Not wanting to stay in this awkward scenario and wanting to give him and Jimin a few minutes, Jungkook gets up pretending to go upstairs. Truth is, he stays behind the door trying to hear what his old parents say to each other. Jimin is the one that dares to break the silence as he picks up the dirty dishes from the table.

- You should g-go. Your h-husband must be waiting f-for you

As he starts to wash up everything, he hears Yoongi get up and walk until he stands behind him. He has to suppress the hidden wish of wanting to feel a hug from his kinda-ex. Even if his arms stay in place, Yoongi still finds a way to make his heart race.

- I missed your voice, Jiminie. You've changed so much, it's really inc-

- S-Stop Yoongi. We're not k-kids anymore, this is n-not a game.

- A game? I was just saying...

- Y-You talk to me pretending you didn't m-marry who used to be my b-best friend. Like if you hadn't had a f-fucking son months after leaving m-me. I can do the m-math, Yoongi. I know you were with Jin before g-graduation, you k-know?

- That's not true, Jiminie

- I think T-Taehyung is evidence e-enough

- He's not rea-

He can't end the sentence before Jimin turns to him, upset. He has a lot of words that have been stuck in his throat for years. But it's too late to let them out.

- A-And now you have the audacity to c-come here and flirt with me in front of my f-family!

- I... You're right, I'm sorry. I just forgot...

- What? You f-forgot about what happened? Was it really that e-easy to let go?

- No...I had forgotten what it was like to see magic up close

For once, Jimin looks straight into his eyes. Shiny and with a sadness that can't be put into words. It's something even deeper than regret. The distance is slowly disappearing as Yoongi is softly holding his face with one of his hands and his waist with the other. They stare at each other's lips. Dying for a taste of what could've been. But something like this can't happen right now...

- G-Go. I know our k-kids are dating and we'll have to m-meet more often. But I'll pretend we've n-never met before this. And I suggest you to d-do the same.

Finally pulling away, Yoongi nods and leaves him alone. Jungkook hides as well as he can so he doesn't get caught. Behind him, he can hear his father suppressing a cry. He needs to fix this no matter what. Even if that means he has to work by Tae's side again. Trying not to think about that part, he prepares everything and when the time comes he escapes.

When Hoseok opens the door, he sighs knowing these can only be bad news. This time, he doesn't even try to stop them. Not when he realizes his parents are switched. However, he tries to be clear about what this means.

- You have little time before your memories change completely. Only a matter of hours before your genes change as well.

- Ugh, I'm already having a few flashbacks. - Tae complains - Did you know during all these years Yoongi's been staring at your dad from our window?

- I'm not surprised. - Kook says - He was dying of happiness just to see Jimin up close again.

- I don't know if I find it romantic or creepy...I think it's mostly sad

- Listen, kids. You can go back and try to change everything back to normal. But this is the last time I'll let you go

- What?! Why?! What if we fail?!

- Well, you better not! First of all, it's too risky! But most importantly, when you go back who do you think you're gonna find?

- ...Uh...The same people as last time?

- And yourselves, dummies! While you two try to fix the things with Jin and Yoongi, the version of you that went there on the first place will be there as well!

- Is that bad? We could ask the other us for help!

- No! Are you crazy?! Look just...trust me. We don't want the other you to panic, okay? So just...make sure not to come across them. Can you do that for me?

Knowing this is not something they can argue about, they agree. This time their mission will have a few more obstacles and there's one last try to get it together. Inside the machine, they set the date and hour. Only 10 minutes later than last time so they don't come across...well, themselves.

- I don't even know where to start. I don't understand why Yoongi left my dad

- I have a vague idea of what could've happened. But I can't be sure yet. I hope I'm wrong...

Jungkook wants to ask what he means about that. But there's something in the way Tae avoids his eyes that lets him know he doesn't wanna talk about it. It's clearly affecting him. Maybe before he would've tried a little harder to talk to him. But right now he's too tired not only physically but emotionally to deal with anything else.

They appear in the same place as last time, in the middle of the night. Knowing past Hobi is still sleeping, they escape out the window and try to find a place to sleep. It's the first day all over again. They can't go to his parents houses because they haven't talked to them yet. And the treehouse is now occupied by the past version of themselves.

In a park near by they have to sleep sitting on a bench. Thankfully, it's not a cold night so they only suffer for being uncomfortable. It feels so strange for Tae to have Kook next to him and yet sleep without hugging him. He got used to that sweet touch his friend used to give him. That's clearly gonna change now that he broke his heart.

The following day, when Tae wakes up Jungkook is waiting for him. He didn't wake him up sweetly this time. It's obvious and yet he can't help to feel empty without that feeling.

- Uuumm so...

- I'll follow Yoongi today. Jimin and the other me should be working at the coffee shop today.

- Right...Then I'll wait until Jin ends his shift to follow him

- Mkay

The youngest starts to walk away but Tae tries to keep talking. He doesn't want things to stay this way. He's not used to seeing Kook leave without kissing his cheek or calling him a sweet name.

- Kookie! I...About us...well-

- We don't have time for that. And honestly I don't wanna talk about it right now either

Taehyung bites his lip but agrees letting him go. He needs to talk about it eventually. He wants to apologize. He wants everything to go back to how it used to be. He'll wait if he has to. Hopefully, not for long...

Next Chapter

For being new you really ask a lot of questions

If my coffee shop had rats this place must have snakes.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes~ We're officially back in the past! Like an idiot I calculated wrong and the next chapter is gonna be Yoonmin again 😂 but I promise Namjin is on the way as well

In this second part we'll know a lot more about Tae as well ❤️‍🩹 Ma baby 💕

See you soon for what we've been waiting for so long! A lot of Yoongiiiiii!

- Baby Y

P.S: I made myself a Twitter (it's on my profile) because I'm planning things (? You're invited to follow me. It's new and all I did so far was retweet a lot of BTS 😂