How My Family Treated Her

Rex watched as Gino's car gradually drove away with narrowed eyes and a sullen expression. The divorced Jenna was like a derailed train.

He could not figure out which direction she was heading. Jenna would have been very cautious around him in the past, but now, she dared to speak those ungracious words fearlessly.

Elena was reluctant to let Jenna get away so quickly and wanted to stop their car, but Rex yanked her back. "That's enough!"

"Brother, how can you side with an outsider? Jenna bullying me is the same as disrespecting our family! That ungrateful bitch forgot who fed, clothed, and accommodated her these past two years. She needs to be taught a lesson!"

"Elena, the jewelry in the safe at Imperial Palace is all for Jenna. Why did you take them without permission?" Rex reminded her. Although he had not taken the initiative to give it to Jenna, everything at the Imperial Palace belonged to him and Jenna.

"Brother, I'm your sister! It's just a piece of jewelry, so why are you being so calculative? Besides, Jenna doesn't have any occasion to wear such expensive jewelry, so why can't I take it?"

Elena spoke with discontent and thought Jenna was not worthy of the "Daydream" necklace.

Rex wanted to teach his sister a lesson, but Elena began to cry aggrievedly, so he did not know what to say for a moment. "I'll watch the surveillance footage first."

His statement made Elena freeze in place. She stopped crying and gritted her teeth in anger. "Brother, do you not believe me? Jenna framed me!"

"We'll know once we see it." Rex cast a sidelong glance at his sister and walked into the restaurant.

A trace of panic crossed Elena's face, but she bit the bullet and followed Rex.

"Brother, I told you that she's not a good woman! Look at the man beside her, he's so protective and fond of her, so maybe she's already cheated on you long ago and took your money to support that pretty boy!" Elena slandered Jenna in hopes that Rex would help her deal with that woman. 'Who is she to walk all over me?'

Rex's eyes sank, and his face turned extremely glum. "Shut up!" He walked away and completely ignored his sister.

The restaurant manager had already received orders from Gino beforehand to prepare a copy of the surveillance footage. When Rex arrived and explained his intentions, the restaurant manager took out the surveillance footage and handed it over.

One minute... two minutes...

Rex's face became more gloomy by the second while Elena stood anxiously on the side. In the video, Elena and Dianne were hurling insults and curses that were harsh to hear, but Jenna looked like she was accustomed to it. Is this customary? Is this not the first time this has happened? Was this how my family treated Jenna all this while during our marriage?

'Jenna's calmness and retaliation shocked them, so is this the first time she ever fought back?' Rex's heart surged with complicated emotions. Blood rushed to his head, and his expression kept changing.

Suddenly, he stopped the video and walked out with giant strides. "Brother, wait for me. "Elena, this is not the first time you have attacked her, right?" Rex glared at his sister.

Elena's face paled and looked horrendous as she quickly denied it. "What? I was angry that she found another man soon after your divorce. Why would I berate her otherwise?" Rex sneered.

He no longer believed his arrogant and capricious little sister. "Go and apologize to Jenna!"

"I don't want to! I'd rather die than apologize to that b*tch!" Elena shouted in aggravation. Jenna was the one who poured wine all over me, so why should I apologize to her?"