What's The Bet?

John led Ryker and Jenna to take a bow after the performance. Jenna smiled brightly and got off the stage with poise.

'Luckily, I still remember the basics! This performance is still quite satisfactory.' Jenna thought.

John and Ryker followed Jenna off the stage. Ryker went over and patted her shoulder. "Lil Jen, why don't you just join our band? We're willing to kick Jay out for you!"

Jenna lowered her head and laughed. "If Jay hears this, he'd probably get up from his hospital bed right now and fight you!" Ryker was in great spirits.

"I'm so thrilled to perform with you today. You're the composer of this song anyway, so except for Jay, only you can perform so flawlessly with us. Lil Jen, you seem just like you were three years ago!"

Jenna felt a trace of bitterness in her heart. She seemed to have missed out on an inordinate amount of life's excitement in these three years. Fortunately, it was still not too late to get back on track.

Ryker refused to give up and kept persuading Jenna to join their band. "Lil Jen if you join us, we'll surely shock the music world!"

Jenna was just about to reject his offer when Alexa walked over with a smile.

"Forget about it, you two...Jen's gonna start her career all over again!"

As soon as Alexa pulled Jenna out from backstage, Stella gave her a bear hug.

"Jen baby, that was fantastic! You're my goddess! Do you know how excited everyone was? Your violin is simply amazing!"

Jenna helplessly pried Stella off of her body. It was all thanks to Chris's arrangement that Jenna got to have such a memorable night.

The three ladies thought that Rex and Mark should have already left, so they went back up to the second floor. Unexpectedly, Rex and Mark were sitting next to the Avila brothers as they stared at Jenna weirdly the moment she showed up.

Stella snorted in dissatisfaction and pulled Jenna to sit by Chris. "Chris, let's play something. It's boring having to sit with such eyesores."

Chris shrugged his shoulders. "Sure, the night's still young!"

Everyone downstairs was shouting for The Millenia to have an encore. "I didn't think that Jenna could play the violin. Why didn't I hear about it before?"

Mark could not help his curiosity. He was genuinely shocked.

The moment Jenna went on stage, she was so cool and confident like a queen that was in control of the whole audience.

"Why should we tell you? Who the hell are you even?" Stella scowled at him and retorted.

Mark felt attacked, but he indifferently shrugged his shoulders. "Didn't you say that you wanted to play something? How about poker dice?"

"Who wants to play with you?!" Stella scoffed and was holding a grudge against them for Jenna.

'Stupid bastard!'

Rex, who had not spoken, suddenly said in a deep voice, "Jenna, are you afraid to play just one game with us?"

Since Jenna came upstairs, Rex's eyes had not moved away from her. Jenna swirled the wine glass in her hand and looked down seemingly disinterested and treated them as if they were invisible.

Rex suppressed his shock. The Jenna sitting in front of him seemed familiar yet strange to him. At that moment, the emotions surging in his heart were incomparably complicated.

When Jenna was named, she nonchalantly lifted her head and swept a glance at Rex with a faint smile on her face. "What should I be afraid of?"

Although Jenna felt that Rex's words were unexpected, she was not afraid of him. They were like strangers now, so playing a gambling game was not a big deal.

Stella objected discontentedly. "Jen, why do you wanna play with him? He's clearly just trying to provoke you! "

Alexa pulled Stella aside and looked at the ex-couple. "Don't worry, Jen knows what she's doing."

Rex grew up as a member of the gentry, so taking part in these social events was like second nature to him. Poker dice was the easiest game and a
sure win for Rex. Mark, who was sitting on the side, could not hide his smug smile. The waiter set the table with two players against each other. Jenna did not make a move. Instead, she looked down and said, "What's the bet?"