✾12✾

𝑯𝒖𝒓𝒕

𝑯𝒖𝒓𝒕

The Sully siblings sat around each other including Aonung, Tsireya, Rotxo and Teko as Lo'ak explained what had happened outside the reef. He told them about a Tulkun who had saved him from an Akula. Liyanin and Teko who sat beside each other listened closely to Lo'ak's story. Liyanin had wanted to see it for herself because it sounded so magnificent to her ears and Teko had wanted to join her. They had small talks between each other as Lo'ak spoke. Kiri smiled at her brother and said.

"I wish I'd been there. The ocean blessed you with a gift, brother"

"Yeah you have" Liyanin said agreeing with her sister and then she mumbled

"I wish I was there" She looked down. Neteyam who heard his sister held an arm out for her as he stood up. Liyanin smiled at her brother and took his arm as he helped her up to him, so she could hug her big brother.

"The tulkun have not returned yet. And anyway, no tulkun is ever alone" Aonung said as he stood up against a tree with his back to it.
"Well, this one was" Lo'ak informed. "He had a missing fin" He pointed at his arm and looked at Tsireya. "Like a stump on the left side"

"Noo poor tulkun" Liyanin and Teko said at the same time as they said it they looked at each other and Liyanin couldn't help but giggle. Tsireya recognized the description of the tulkun. Her eyes gazed at the other metkayina in the group."Payakan"
She looked at everyone and repeated the name again. "It's Payakan"

"Who's Payakan?" Kiri asked. "A young bull who went rogue. He's outcast. Alone. And he has a missing fin" Rotxo said as he explained the story of the tulkun.
"They say he is a killer" Tsireya added after Rotxo. Liyanin couldn't believe it. How can he be a killer if he saved her brother.

"He can't be a killer. He saved my brother" Liyanin said, believing her brother. Even if her brother had been mean to her she knew Lo'ak wasn't a liar and she believed him she really did.  Lo'ak didn't hear his sister as she defended him, he was too caught up in his thoughts.
"No, no" Lo'ak said

"He killed na'vi and other tulkun. Not here, but far to the south" Aonung said as he looked at Lo'ak. He didn't want to believe them, he was no killer, he saved him. "No, he's no killer" Lo'ak shook his head.

"Lo'ak. You are lucky to be alive" Tsireya said as she looked him right into the eyes. Lo'ak's eyes widened. He didn't give up on his new friend. "I'm telling you guys. He saved my life" Lo'ak said as he looked at the group as he was holding on to Tsireyas arm. "He's my friend"

Neteyam sighed and shook his head and got up from his crouched position. "My baby bro!" He placed his hands on his brother's shoulders.
"The mighty warrior, who faced the killer tulkun and lived to tell about it, huh?" Neteyam chuckled but Lo'ak didn't think it was funny and ripped away from his grasp, abruptly standing up.

"You guys aren't listening" Lo'ak said and as he walked away Liyanin got up from her position and followed after her brother.

"I'm listening and I believe you" Liyanin said as she tried to turn her brother around but he shrugged her hand off his arm.