Ch. 11 *Just Friends*

LUNA

"You'll soon find out one day..."
Star's words keep repeating in my head, even hours after of being with her.

I don't understand what she means...I'll soon find out? Find out what? Why her head hurt? Or something more then that.

I bite my bottom lip deep in thought before a hand falls on my shoulder, startling me.
"Luna? You alright?"

"Huh?!" I glance around, seeing Michael just a few inches away from my face.
It both shocks and makes me blush furiously seeing him that close. "I'm fine, yeah, just deep in thought."

"About what?" Michael holds the door open for me to step inside. The first spot we're visiting is the comic book shop, because Michael's mom Ms. Emerson wanted Sam to go see her at Max's video store.

Yep...small world. The job I wanted to get was given to Michael's divorced mom.
Michael told me that he thinks Max secretly likes her, and I wouldn't doubt it.

I step off to the side of the comic store, allowing Michael to go do his thing with Sam.
I keep hoping in my head that he won't take forever, one being because I have a curfew, and two being because I don't want the Frog Brothers to see me.

They're just weird, and I have no time for weirdness right now.
Not while I'm on my date with Michael.
He doesn't know that this is a date, but to me, this IS A DATE.
My first date...

I blush a bright pink before someone clearing there throat interrupts my train of thought.
I glance up to see Edgar and Alan.
Of. Freaking. Course.

I sigh. "Hey guys, how's it going?" I ask weakly, not really interested in them or anything that's going on with them.
There arms are crossed, and they stare me down as if I'm beneath them.

"So," I smack my fists against each other awkwardly, "how's business?"
"You dating Michael?" Alan asks, but Edgar nudges him in the back.
I furrow my brow. "Why is that any of your business?" I ask, "Michael and I are friends."

"Doesn't seem that way," Alan points out, glancing behind him at Michael whose leaning against the counter to talk with Sam.

"We're just hanging out, that's all," I reply before Michael comes in. "Hey, you good?"
YES! Lifesaver!
I smile and nod, "yeah," I sneak my arm under his and turn my back on the others. "See ya later."

We leave the comic shop and hit the path towards our next destination.
Wherever that may be...Michael and I haven't discussed yet what we wanted to do.
I want to do something that'll put us closer together...like a Ferris Wheel?

For several minutes, we walk in complete silence, and I can't help but keep glancing at him.
What should I say? Do I need to be the first to make a move? But...how?!

Our hands are pretty close...

Hesitantly, I reach for his hand, but his head snaps towards me and makes me pull away instantly.
"Do you want to go on some rides?" He asks, oblivious to the fact that I wanted to hold his hand.

My cheeks must be bright red from embarrassment by now.
"Yeah! Sure!" I say, nervousness tightening my throat, making my voice crack.

"Let's go on the carousel..." I say, since it's the closest one here.
I definitely have a crush on Michael...but I have no idea if he likes me back.
That's why I wanted to hang out with him tonight. I wanted to find out if he kind of likes me back.

Let's just see where this night will lead us...

***