(BONUS CHAPTER)

*1 week later*
LUNA

I slowly make my way down the cave floor, still a little sore from fighting the Head Vampire last week.
My arms are wrapped in bandages, but they'll soon come off.

It feels different, walking on this floor, glancing around at the cave walls, the dimly lit rooms where I fell down and hit my head the night I found my sister.

This cave used to be a bustle of noise, of color.
It used to be a home.
Now, it's quiet, and everything has lost it's brightness.
Because everyone is either gone or leaving.

I see Dwayne ahead of me, long hair tied back in a pony tail, and his outfit a simple pair of jeans and a grey T shirt.
I approach him. "Hey."

He jumps a little at my sudden appearance, but he smiles when he sees me.
A real smile...one that I haven't seen him do before.
"Luna," he hugs me, "I haven't seen you in a while," he pulls away, ruffling my hair. "How are you?"

"I'm well," I smile, smoothing my hair down.
"And Marko?" Dwayne asks, the brotherly tone sinking in his voice.

I smile even wider. "Marko's great. He's been staying at Michaels house with Star for the time being. But today, Star's going to go home."

Go home...
After seven years of her absence, she's finally going home.
We'll be a real family again.
Mom and Dad still don't know anything about Star, The Lost Boys, or everything that's happened since July last year.

Today though, that's all going to change.

"I'm glad to hear that," he says, before I notice the suitcase in front of him.
"You're leaving?" I ask, shock filling my stomach.

Dwayne nods, one hand gently grazing his packed clothes. "Yes," he says, "I figured it would be best to leave Santa Carla and start a new life somewhere else," he looks at me, "there are...too many bad memories here."

A knife slices my heart.
I didn't expect Dwayne to leave. Honestly, I thought he'd stay here forever, to be close to Marko.

But...I guess not.
I try not to show my pain.
I've grown to care about Dwayne a lot, and now that he's leaving...

I force a smile. "I'm happy for you," I whisper, though he sees through my lie.

Dwayne hugs me again. "I'll come visit you as often as I can," he pulls away, "I promise."
I nod, before I glance in the corner, seeing a hunched over figure sitting down, head in his hands.

"Is that David?" I ask through a whisper, afraid that he'll hear me and lash out.
Dwayne nods. "Yeah, that's him."

"What's wrong with him?" I ask. I've never seen him like this before.
He looks weak, tired, and without the will to go on.

When just months ago, he was confident, cocky, and stopped anyone from standing in his way.
The death of the Head Vampire hit him the hardest out of them all.

Paul didn't even sweat it. Two days after everything, he hopped on a bus with a guitar in hand, heading for L.A. to try and get a record lable, and saying goodbye to us.

Sad to see him go, honestly.
But, when we'll hear from him again, he'll most likely have an album out.

I glance between Dwayne and David, feeling a little sympathy for David.
The one who almost killed me, Star, and Marko.
The one who killed dozens of innocents.
The one I despise.