Ch. 13 *Hudson's Bluff*

LUNA

I'm left speechless from the words that just left Star's mouth.
She really just said...I'm a vampire, didn't she?
I'm a vampire...

Star stares at me through worried eyes. "Luna?" She feels my forehead. "Luna?"
I'm a vampire.
It's a ridiculous thing to say. So ridiculous that I find myself laughing.

Giggling at first, before it erupts into a hysterical laughter that echoes.
Star grabs me by the shoulders. "This isn't a joke Luna! I'm telling you the truth!"
I laugh until my sides begin to feel like there about to spilt apart, and until my eyes water.

I breathe in ragged breaths, wiping my eyes.
Such a funny joke she just said. How childish!
"Luna," Star pushes aside some of my hair. "You have to believe me."

"Believe you?" I scoff, "Star...you just said that you're a vampire. Vampires don't exist!"
"Yes, they do," she mumbles, her hands falling to her lap and her fingers pinching one another. "They're just very good at hiding."

Oh good lord this is ridiculous, why would she use THAT as an excuse as to why she won't come home, or why she won't answer my questions.
Vampires are myths, legends for Christs Sake. Ancient history!

But still, I wouldn't mind hearing her speak.

I lean against the wall. "So, are you going to tell me the story?"

She glances at me.

I wave a hand in the air. "Come on, spin your story," I say sarcastically, which she notices.
I'd love to hear her come up with a story full of lies...let's just see how stupid she thinks I am.

Star's lips part, but seconds after she closes them, sighing, before speaking.
"I met the Lost Boys when I was 17 and-"

"Hold up hold up, did you say Lost Boys?" I ask.
She furrows her brow. "Yes."
And by then, I'm laughing my ass off again.

"Why do you find this amusing?!" Star shouts, and still, I continue to giggle like a fool.
"Because," I barely manage to say, "Lost Boys, remember? Peter Pan?"
Who the hell would call themselves Lost Boys? That's really hilarious.
So Disney...

Star sighs, her body slouching forward. "Please try and take this more seriously. And no more interruptions!"
"Okay okay!" I throw my hands up, "Jesus."

She pushes her hair back. "Back then I had nowhere to stay, nor did I have anyone."
I glare at her. She did have someone...she had more then someone.
She had a mother, father, and sister, all who searched endlessly for her.

Still, I bite my tongue.
She's already annoyed that I kept interrupting, no need to make her even more mad.
I let her speak.

"They found me outside of Santa Carla, and offered to let me stay at there place. After that, we became friends. And one day..." She trails off, "that's when it happened."

"When what happened?" I ask. I'm really curious to know, how DOES one become a vampire? That is even if they exist, which they don't.

She looks at me. "When I drank the bottle."
...the bottle? Uh, okay?
I furrow my brow. A bottle could be anything. Water, beer, wine, why isn't she being more descriptive as to what this particular bottle was.